Cannot connect to Zoom Rooms error
If you see the message Cannot connect to Zoom Rooms on your controller, the problem is typically caused by one of the following issues:
The Zoom Rooms controller and PC are on different networks.
The network is blocking port 9090.
The local PC Anti-virus software is blocking port 9090.
How to troubleshoot Zoom Rooms controller connectivity issues
Confirming that the Zoom Room controller and PC are on the same network
- On the Cannot connect to Zoom Rooms error page, compare the Zoom Rooms IP address and the Local IP address numbers.
- If the numbers are different the controller and PC are on different networks. In this scenario, the PC is usually connected via cable and the controller via Wi-Fi. Connecting the devices to the same network can resolve the issue.
Confirming that port 9090 is allowed on the network
Review the firewall configuration with your IT department to ensure that port 9090 is allowed on your network firewall.
Confirming that port 9090 is not blocked by anti-virus software
The following instructions cover Windows Defender. Please consult the respective support pages for other anti-virus software for those instructions.
- Launch Firewall & network protection and click Advanced Settings.
- Click Inbound Rules.
- Scroll down and locate the two entries for Zoom Rooms. The second entry should be for port 9090. Confirm by scrolling right.
- Click Enable Rule by respective rule.
What to do if the issue persists
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.