Adding a table in Zoom Whiteboard
Zoom Whiteboard provides users with table control options to easily organize, group, sort, and scale whiteboard content. Adding a table in whiteboard allows users to arrange data in rows and columns to help them collect and analyze information easily.
Note: Inserting a table is only available with out-of-meeting whiteboard.
This article covers:
- How to insert a table in whiteboard
- How to manage a table in whiteboard
Prerequisites for adding a table in Zoom Whiteboard
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.10.3 or higher
- macOS: 5.10.3 or higher
- Linux: 5.10.3 or higher
- Zoom Whiteboard enabled for your account by an administrator
How to insert a table in whiteboard
- Create or open a whiteboard.
- In the toolbar on the left side of the screen, click the More Tools icon .
- Select Table.
- Use the scroll bar to view all the table templates and then select the type of table you want to use.
Your cursor will change into a table icon .
Click anywhere on canvas to insert the selected table.
How to manage a table in whiteboard
Table placement will be on the back layer of the whiteboard. You can perform the following actions on tables:
Move a table
Hover your cursor anywhere around the table until it changes to a pointing hand. Drag the table anywhere on canvas to move it.
Alternatively, you can hover your cursor to the upper left corner of the table until the four-arrow icon appears. Click and drag the table anywhere on canvas to move it.
Resize table and cells
- How to resize the entire table: Hover your cursor anywhere around the table and then click to select it. Click and drag the corner of the object to adjust its size.
- How to resize the cell: Click and drag the arrow in the corner of the cell to resize it. You can resize the cell vertically or horizontally.
Enter and format text
- To enter text, click (or tap on a Touch device) in a cell.
- Enter your text.
Text entered into the header row will default to Bold font. Text in all other rows will default to Regular font.
To edit text, select the Text Format icon .
The Format bar will display.
Use the options to format your text.
- How to add a row: Select the table and then click the Add Row icon in the context menu.
The new row will be added to the bottom of the table.
- How to move a row: Hover over the left side of the table to move a row. The Move row icon displays on each row. Click (or tap on a touch device) and move the Move row icon up or down to place the row to the desired location.
- How to resize a row: Click (or tap on a touch device) on the row line. Drag the line up or down to resize the row.
- How to add a column: Select the table and then click the Add Column icon in the context menu.
The new column will be added to the right of the table.
- How to move a column: Hover over the top of the table to move columns.
The Move column icon displays on each column. Click (or tap on a Touch device) and drag the Move column icon to place the column to the desired location.
- How to resize a column: Click (or tap on a Touch device) on the column line.
The resize arrow will display. Drag the line horizontally to resize the column.
- How to adjust the fill of the table: Select the table and then click the Fill icon in the context menu. Pick a desired fill transparency and color.
- How to adjust the border color: Select the table and then click the Outline icon in the context menu. Pick a desired color for your border.
- How to adjust the text color: Select a cell, row/column, or the entire table. Click the Text Format icon and then expand the Text Color. Pick a desired color for your text.
- Select the table and then click the ellipses icon in the context menu.
You can do the following actions:
- Save as Template
- Select a cell and then click the ellipses icon in the context menu.
You can do the following actions:
- Delete Row
- Delete Column
Note: Adding shapes to tables is not supported at this time.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.