Zoom error message "This meeting is for authorized participants only"
If a participant is unable to join a meeting or webinar because of errors Unable to join this meeting. The host requires authentication on the commercial Zoom platform to join this meeting or This meeting is for authorized participants only. Click "Switch Account to Join" to sign into Zoom with an email address authorized for joining this meeting, this means the meeting or webinar is configured to require authentication.
To successfully join the meeting or webinar, participants must sign in to Zoom with an email address authorized to join the session.
Authentication configured in the meeting or webinar can be:
- Sign in to Zoom: This allows participants to join the meeting or webinar as long as they are signed in to a Zoom account.
- Signed-in users in my account: Only allows any signed-in user within the account to join the meeting or webinar. If they are authenticated with a different account, they will be directed to switch accounts.
- Sign in to Zoom with specified domains: Only allows users whose email addresses contain a certain domain to join the meeting or webinar. If a participant is signed in with a different email domain other than what is specified, they are prompted to switch accounts to join.
- Signed in to account associated with invited email: Only allows users who are signed in to the account that matches the email they registered with to join. If they are authenticated with a different account, they will be directed to switch accounts.
- Sign in to external Single Sign-On (SSO): Only allows users who authenticate through a 3rd-party authentication service to join.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.