Erasing consumer information from Zoom Contact Center
Zoom Contact Center admins can erase consumers' personal information from voice, video, chat, and SMS engagements by using engagement logs. This will remove recordings and transcripts and will replace the consumer’s name, email, and phone numbers with generic values. The original personal information cannot be recovered. Admins will still be able to search engagement IDs to view general engagement information like durations and events.
This article covers:
- How to erase personal consumer information
- Personal information that is erased
- Where personal information is erased from
Prerequisites for erasing consumer information
- Account owner or admin privileges; or relevant role/privilege
- Pro, Business, or Education account
- Zoom Contact Center license
How to erase personal consumer information
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Contact Center Management then Logs.
- Locate the engagement you want to erase personal information from.
- Click the ellipses icon then click Erase Personal Information to delete the voicemail.
Note: To delete personal information from several engagements at once, click the check boxes beside the Engagement ID column, then click Erase Personal Information at the top of the table.
- Click Erase to confirm.
Personal information that is erased
The following personal information is erased and replaced with generic values:
- Name replaced with No Name
- First name replaced with No
- Last name replaced with Name
- Email address replaced with noname
Where personal information is erased from
Personal information is erased from Zoom Contact Center locations in the web portal and desktop client that can contain consumers' information. This includes:
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.