Published April 2017
You can stream a Zoom Webinar live on Facebook to your Facebook timeline or a group or page that you are an admin for. This allows panelists and attendees to join via Zoom or viewers to watch and comment on Facebook Live.
This article covers:
- Initiate Live Streaming of your Webinar on Facebook
- Tips for Live Streaming on Facebook
- Checking Facebook permissions
- Webinar feature is enabled
- Zoom Desktop client version 4.0 or higher for Windows or Mac
- Admin or editor permission for a Facebook page to stream
- Admin permissions for a Facebook group to stream
- Start your Webinar.
- In the webinar controls, click More.
- Click Live on Facebook.
- Your default browser will open and you will be prompted to login to Facebook if you aren't already logged in.
- Log into Facebook using either your email address or phone number and your password. After you authenticate successfully, the following page will display.
- Choose your settings on the Broadcast Zoom Webinar to Facebook Live page:
- Zoom Webinar title on Facebook: This is automatically populated with your Zoom Webinar topic name, however you can change it here.
- Choose where to stream your Zoom Webinar: Choose if you want to live stream to your Facebook timeline, a group, or a page.
- Who should see this: You will have this option to you choose to stream to your timeline. Choose Public, Friends, Friends of Friends, or Only Me.
Streaming stops when you end the webinar or click the Stop Streaming icon on the Zoom client.
There is a processing time of approximately 20 seconds for Facebook Live, so participants watching on Facebook will see the same content approximately 20 seconds after participants watching on Zoom.
If you have the Facebook window open on your computer, you will hear your audio play back to you approximately 20 seconds delayed. If you need to keep the Facebook window open to view and reply to comments, click the speaker icon at the bottom right of the live stream on the Facebook page to mute the video.
You can stream to your Facebook Timeline or to a Facebook Group or Page, if you have appropriate permissions.
You must be an admin or an editor to stream to a Facebook page. If you are a moderator, analyst or advertiser, this page will show up under your Facebook pages, but you will not be able to Live Stream.
- Login your Facebook account.
- Click the arrow at the top right and choose the page you would like to stream to.
If the page is not listed, click Manage Pages and then click the name of the page.
- Click Settings.
- Click Page Roles on the left.
- Under Existing Page Roles, it will list anyone who is assigned a role for this page and their role. Only admins and editors can stream to a page.
You must have admin permissions for a group to stream. If you have moderator or member permissions, you will not be able to live stream to this Facebook Group.
- Login to your Facebook Account.
- Click Groups on the left side.
- Under Groups You Manage, click the gear next to the group you would like to stream to and click Edit Group Settings.
Note: If the group appears under Your Groups, not Groups You Manage, you are a member of this group and will not be able to live stream.
- Click Members on the left.
- Under Admins and Moderators, click ... next to your name.
- If you are a moderator for the group, you will have the option Remove as Moderator. You will not be able to live stream.
- If you are an admin for the group, you will have the options Change to Moderator and Remove as Admin. You will be able to live stream.