You can stream a Zoom Webinar live on Facebook to your Facebook timeline or a group or page that you are an admin for. This allows panelists and attendees to join via Zoom or viewers to watch and comment on Facebook Live.
Note: Facebook changed their API as of April 2018 and now prevents some users from live streaming to groups. If you are unable to live stream your webinar to Facebook, you can configure the Facebook Live stream as a custom service. Learn more.
This article covers:
- Initiate Live Streaming of your Webinar on Facebook
- Tips for Live Streaming on Facebook
- Checking Facebook permissions
- Webinar feature is enabled
- Zoom Desktop client version 4.0 or higher for Windows or Mac
- Admin or editor permission for a Facebook page to stream
- Admin permissions for a Facebook group to stream
Initiate Live Streaming of your Webinar on Facebook
- Start your Webinar.
- In the webinar controls, click More.
- Click Live on Facebook.
- Your default browser will open and you will be prompted to login to Facebook if you aren't already logged in.
- Log into Facebook using either your email address or phone number and your password.
- Choose where on Facebook you would like to Go Live.
- Click Next.
Note: If you are not able to start the live stream, clear your browser's cache and cookies, then try again.
- When you are ready to start the broadcast on Facebook, click Go Live.
- Wait for the notification from the Zoom client that your Webinar is Live on Facebook, then begin your Webinar.
Streaming stops when you end the webinar or click the Stop Streaming icon on the Zoom client.
Tips for Live Streaming on Facebook
There is a processing time of approximately 20 seconds for Facebook Live, so participants watching on Facebook will see the same content approximately 20 seconds after participants watching on Zoom.
If you have the Facebook window open on your computer, you will hear your audio play back to you approximately 20 seconds delayed. If you need to keep the Facebook window open to view and reply to comments, click the speaker icon at the bottom right of the live stream on the Facebook page to mute the video.
Checking Facebook Permissions
You can stream to your Facebook Timeline or to a Facebook Group or Page, if you have appropriate permissions.
To check your permissions for a Facebook Page
You must be an admin or an editor to stream to a Facebook page. If you are a moderator, analyst or advertiser, this page will show up under your Facebook pages, but you will not be able to Live Stream.
- Log in your Facebook account.
- Click the arrow at the top right and choose the page you would like to stream to.
If the page is not listed, click Manage Pages and then click the name of the page.
- Click Settings.
- Click Page Roles on the left.
- Under Existing Page Roles, it will list anyone who is assigned a role for this page and their role. Only admins and editors can stream to a page.
To check your permissions for a Facebook Group
You must have admin permissions for a group to stream. If you have moderator or member permissions, you will not be able to live stream to this Facebook Group.
- Log in to your Facebook Account.
- Click Groups on the left side.
- Under Groups You Manage, click the gear next to the group you would like to stream to and click Edit Group Settings.
Note: If the group appears under Your Groups, not Groups You Manage, you are a member of this group and will not be able to live stream.
- Click Members on the left.
- Under Admins and Moderators, click ... next to your name.
- If you are a moderator for the group, you will have the option Remove as Moderator. You will not be able to live stream.
- If you are an admin for the group, you will have the options Change to Moderator and Remove as Admin. You will be able to live stream.