Hosts using the Zoom desktop client can allow multiple participants share their screens simultaneously during a meeting. This can be useful for a real-time comparison of documents or other materials by participants. To make full use of this feature, enable the dual monitors option in the Zoom client settings.
This article covers:
- How to enable Simultaneous Screen Sharing as the host
- How to share screens at the same time
Prerequisites for simultaneous sharing
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: version 5.0.0 or higher
- macOS: version 5.0.0 or higher
- Linux: version 5.0.0 or higher
- Zoom web client
- Remote Support must be off for the host
How to enable Simultaneous Screen Sharing as the host
- Start your Zoom meeting as the host.
- To the right of the Share Screen button, click the upward arrow and then select Multiple participants can share simultaneously.
This allows multiple participants to share their screen at the same time.
Note: Participants using the Zoom mobile app can only share if no one else is sharing.
How to share screens at the same time
Any participants (including the host) using the Zoom desktop client can click Share Screen to begin sharing. Even if a someone is already sharing a screen, another participant can begin sharing. Learn more about sharing your screen.
Depending on their setup, participants will see the following:
- Participants using dual monitors can see the two most recently shared screens on each monitor.
- Participants using a single monitor see the most recently shared screen. Participants can select View Options to change the screen they are viewing.
- Participants using the Zoom mobile app see the first shared screen. They cannot change the screen they are viewing.
As the host, you can choose to switch to the option One participant can share at a time for any portion of the meeting. See how to share a screen when only one participant can share at a time.
Sharing multiple screens simultaneously has the following limitations:
- When you enable the option to share multiple screens simultaneously, the Optimize for full-screen video clip option is not available. Share computer audio is still available, but a participant must be viewing that shared screen to hear the computer audio.
- Participants using the mobile app cannot share when anyone else is sharing.
- To view multiple shared screens in a Zoom Room, multiple content sharing must be enabled in that Zoom Room's settings.
- This feature is not available for use in Webinars.