Hosts using the Zoom desktop client can allow multiple participants share their screens simultaneously during a meeting. This can be useful for a real-time comparison of documents or other materials by participants. To make full use of this feature, enable the dual monitors option in the Zoom client settings.
This article covers:
- Enabling Simultaneous Screen Sharing as the Meeting Host
- Sharing Screens at the Same Time
- Zoom desktop client for macOS or Windows, version 3.6.17038.1226 or higher
- Zoom desktop client for Linux, version 3.0.285090.0826 or higher
- Remote Support must be off for the host
Enabling simultaneous screen sharing as the meeting host
- Start your Zoom meeting as the host.
- Click the upward arrow to the right of Share Screen , then select Multiple participants can share simultaneously.
This allows multiple participants to share their screen at the same time.
Note: Zoom Rooms and participants using the Zoom mobile app can only share if no one else is sharing.
Sharing screens at the same time
Any participants (including the host) using the Zoom desktop client can click Share Screen to begin sharing. Even if a someone is already sharing a screen, another participant can begin sharing. Learn more about sharing your screen.
Depending on their setup, participants will see the following:
- Participants using dual monitors can see the two most recently shared screens on each monitor.
- Participants using a single monitor see the most recently shared screen. Participants can select View Options to change the screen they are viewing.
- Participants using the Zoom mobile app see the most recently shared screen. They cannot change the screen they are viewing.
As the host, you can choose to switch to the option One participant can share at a time for any portion of the meeting. See the instructions on how to share a screen when only one participant can share at a time.
Sharing multiple screens simultaneously has the following limitations:
- When you enable the option to share multiple screens simultaneously, the options Share computer audio and Optimize for full-screen video clip are not available.
- Participants in Zoom Rooms or using the mobile app cannot share when anyone else is sharing.
- This feature is not available for use in Webinars.