You can start a scheduled meeting in a Zoom Room by saying "Hey Zoom, start meeting". The voice command is activated within 10 minutes, before or after, the scheduled meeting time and when there is no currently meeting in session. It only starts scheduled meetings, not instant meetings.
This articles covers:
- Enabling Voice Commands with Zoom Rooms
- Starting a Meeting with Voice Commands
- Allowing Microphone Access
- Zoom Rooms for PC: version 4.0x and higher
- Zoom Rooms for Mac: version 4.0x and higher
- Zoom Rooms Controller for iPad: version 4.0x and higher
Enabling Voice Commands with Zoom Rooms
On the Zoom Web Portal
- Sign into the Zoom account as a Zoom Rooms administrator and navigate to the Zoom Rooms tab.
- Click the level in the hierarchy that you want to enable for Voice Commands. For example, to enable all rooms in a specific building, click the name of the building, or click Edit for a specific Zoom Room to enable it in an individual Zoom Room.
- Go to Meeting Settings and enable the option for Upcoming meeting Alert.
- Enable the option for Voice Commands.
- Click Save Changes.
On the iPad
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Room.
- Tap Enable Microphone Access.
- Enter your Room Passcode.
- When prompted to allow access for the microphone, tap OK.
If you do not allow microphone access ahead of time, you will be prompted to allow microphone access 10 minutes before your first meeting with voice commands enabled.
Starting a Meeting with Voice Commands
Once Zoom has access to the microphone, say "Hey Zoom, start meeting" to start the scheduled meeting.
On the iPad:
On the TV:
If you have previously denied Zoom access to the microphone on the iPad, you will need to manually allow access before using voice commands.
- Open the iOS Settings.
- Click Privacy.
- Click Microphone.
- Toggle Zoom Rooms to On.