You can start a scheduled meeting in a Zoom Room by saying "Hey Zoom, start meeting". The voice command is activated within 10 minutes, before or after, the scheduled meeting time and when there is no currently meeting in session. It only starts scheduled meetings, not instant meetings.
This articles covers:
- Allowing Microphone Access
- Enabling Voice Commands with Zoom Rooms
- Starting a Meeting with Voice Commands
- Zoom Rooms for PC: version 4.0x and higher
- Zoom Rooms for Mac: version 4.0x and higher
- Zoom Rooms Controller for iPad: version 4.0x and higher
Before you can use voice commands with the Zoom Room, you will need to ensure that the iPad allows microphone access to the Zoom Rooms app.
- Sign into the Zoom account as a Zoom Rooms administrator and navigate to the Zoom Rooms tab.
- Click the level in the hierarchy that you want to enable for Voice Commands. For example, to enable all rooms in a specific building, click the name of the building, or click Edit for a specific Zoom Room to enable it in an individual Zoom Room.
- Go to Meeting Settings and enable the option for Voice Commands.
- Click Save Changes.
For a scheduled meeting, you will see the meeting listed on the controller tablet and on the TV.
Say "Hey Zoom, start meeting" to start the scheduled meeting.
On the iPad: