Zoom Rooms operation time
You can conserve energy by dimming the iPad Controller during non-work hours. During the configured time, the Zoom Room displays will be black. Specify a schedule for the devices in your Zoom Rooms so that they dim during times when the Zoom Room is not in use.
Prerequisites for using Zoom Rooms operation time
- Role with access to Zoom Rooms
- Supported Zoom Room devices and versions:
- Zoom Rooms for iPad Controller: version 4.0 or later
- Zoom Rooms for macOS: version 4.0 or later
- Zoom Rooms for Windows: version 4.0.44731.0823 or later
- Zoom Rooms for Appliances: version 4.6.1 (36316.0120) or higher
- For turning off TV:
Note: Zoom recommends using the Device Operation Time Black Screen Mode to put TV to black screen mode instead of using HDMI-CEC.
How to set an operating time for the TV and iPad Controller
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management the click Zoom Rooms.
- You can use location hierarchy to enable this setting for a specific room or location. Click Account Settings to enable it for the entire account.
- Scroll to the Setup section and click the toggle next to Device Operation Time.
- Enter the earliest start time and the latest end time for when the room will be in use.
- Select which day or days the room will be in use.
- Select which devices are turned off or dimmed during the hours/days that the room is not in use. You can select the TV, the iPad controller, or both.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) To make the Device Operation Time mandatory for all rooms, click the lock icon .
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.