You can conserve energy by dimming the iPad Controller during non-work hours. During the configured time, the Zoom Room displays will be black. Specify a schedule for the devices in your Zoom Rooms so that they dim during times when the Zoom Room is not in use.
Note: Our recommendation is to use Dark Mode/Operation time to put TV to dark mode instead of using HDMI-CEC.
Prerequisites for using Zoom Rooms operation time
- Role with access to Zoom Rooms
- Zoom Rooms for iPad Controller application, version 4.0 or later
- Zoom Rooms for Mac, version 4.0 or later
- Zoom Rooms for PC version 4.0.44731.0823 or later
- For turning off TV:
How to set an operating time for the TV and iPad Controller
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management the click Zoom Rooms.
- You can use location hierarchy to enable this setting for a specific room or location. Click Account Settings to enable it for the entire account.
- Scroll to the Setup section and click the toggle next to Device Operation Time.
- Enter the earliest start time and the latest end time for when the room will be in use.
- Select which day or days the room will be in use.
- Select which devices are turned off or dimmed during the hours/days that the room is not in use. You can select the TV, the iPad controller, or both.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) To make the Device Operation Time mandatory for all rooms, click the lock icon .