Creating Zoom Rooms for private meetings
You can control the information displayed on Zoom Rooms screens to mask potentially private information about a meeting. The settings can be changed at the account level, the room level, or at any intermediate level in the hierarchy.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for creating Zoom rooms for private meetings
- Zoom Rooms global minimum version or higher
- Zoom Rooms controller global minimum version or higher
- Role with edit access to Zoom Rooms
- Zoom Outlook plugin or Zoom Chrome extension
- Integration of your Zoom Rooms account with Exchange/Office 365 Calendar or Google Calendar
How to enable private meetings for Zoom Rooms
By default, the display in Zoom Rooms shows the upcoming meetings scheduled for the room. For public meetings, this includes the meeting time, the meeting topic, and the name of the meeting organizer. For private meetings, the meeting topic is not shown.
To configure all Zoom Rooms in your account to use Transform all meetings to private or Hide host and meeting ID from private meetings:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management then click Zoom Rooms.
- You can use location hierarchy to enable this setting for a specific room or location. Click Account Settings to enable it for the entire account.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Click the toggle next to the Transform all meetings to private or Hide host and meeting ID from private meetings options to enable them.
- If a verification dialog displays, choose Enable to verify the change.
How to schedule a private meeting for Zoom Rooms
You can use either the Outlook plugin or the Google Calendar plugin to schedule a private meeting.
- To make your meeting private when scheduling it in Outlook, choose the Private icon at the top right of the toolbar.
See Scheduling Meetings in Zoom Rooms (Outlook) for additional scheduling details.
- To make your meeting private when scheduling it in Google, choose Private as the Visibility option.
See Scheduling Meetings in Zoom Rooms (Google) for additional scheduling details.
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.