If the meeting organizer enables the Nonverbal feedback feature, meeting participants can click an icon to provide nonverbal feedback to the meeting host and to each other. These icons provide the host with information from the participants without disrupting the flow of the meeting.
Zoom client version 4.0.25513.0228 or later for Windows or Mac
For Meeting Organizers
To enable the Nonverbal feedback feature:
- Log into Zoom and click My Meeting Settings
- Click Edit in the “In Meeting (Basic)” section of the page.
- Enable the Non-verbal feedback option, then click Save Changes.
For Meeting Attendees
To provide nonverbal feedback to the host of the meeting:
- Join a Zoom meeting as a participant, using a Mac or Windows PC with a supported version of the Zoom client software.
- Click the Participants button in the Meeting Controls (either at the top or bottom of your meeting window)
- Click one of the icons to provide feedback to the host.
- raise hand
- go slower
- go faster
Additional icons are available by clicking the more button.
Change the nonverbal feedback shown next to your name by clicking a different icon. You can also remove the current icon by clicking it again, so that no icon displays next to your name.
All participants can see the icons that everyone else has chosen. In addition, the host sees a summary of how many participants are displaying each icon, and has the option to remove all feedback.