Follow this article if you need to claim host by using the host key. Here are common scenarios where you may need to claim host:
- After joining a scheduled meeting in a Zoom Room. In other words, joining by entering the meeting ID or personal meeting link in the Zoom Room controller.
- After joining a meeting using the meeting list in a Zoom Room. If multiple Zoom Rooms join a meeting, the first one to join becomes the meeting host. You can claim host by using the host key.
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room
- PC: 4.6.0 (1696.1216) or higher
- macOS: 4.6.0 (1696.1216) or higher
- Using a Zoom Room, start or join a meeting that you're a host for.
- Tap the Manage Participants icon on the Zoom Rooms Controller.
The participants list will display.
- Tap Claim Host at the bottom of the participants list.
A pop-up will display allowing you to claim the host role.
- Enter your 6-digit host key, then tap OK.
The Zoom Room is now the host of the meeting.