Claiming host privileges in Zoom Rooms with the host key
If you join a meeting from a Zoom Room and need to claim host, you can do so by using the host key. Here are common scenarios where you may need to claim host:
- After manually joining a scheduled meeting in a Zoom Room. In other words, joining by entering the meeting ID or personal meeting link on the Zoom Rooms controller.
Note: This scenario will only occur if the join before host feature is enabled for the scheduled meeting.
- After joining a meeting using the meeting list in a Zoom Room. If multiple Zoom Rooms join a meeting, the first one to join becomes the meeting host. You can claim host privileges by using the host key.
Note: This scenario will only occur if the meeting is internal and the feature granting Zoom Rooms host privileges if they join before the meeting host is enabled.
Prerequisites for claiming host privileges in a Zoom Room
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room
- Windows: version 5.1.0 or higher
- macOS: version 5.1.0 or higher
How to claim host privileges in a Zoom Rooms
- Using a Zoom Room, start or join a meeting.
- Tap Participants on the Zoom Rooms Controller.
The participants list will display.
- Tap Claim Host at the bottom of the participants list.
A window will display allowing you to claim the host role.
- Enter your 6-digit host key, then tap OK.
The Zoom Room is now the host of the meeting.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.