You can join a test Zoom meeting to familiarize yourself with Zoom, in addition to testing your microphone/speakers before joining a Zoom meeting. You can also test your video or audio while in a Zoom meeting.
- Zoom desktop client
- Visit http://zoom.us/test.
- Click the Join button to launch Zoom.
You will be redirected to launch the meeting from the browser:
- If you have the Zoom desktop client installed on your computer, click Open zoom.us to launch Zoom.
- If you don't have the Zoom desktop client installed on your computer, click download and run Zoom to download, install, and then run Zoom.
- If you cannot download or run the Zoom desktop client on your computer, click join from your browser.
- The test meeting will display a pop-up window to test your speakers. If you don't hear the ringtone, use the drop-down menu or click No to switch speakers until you hear the ringtone. Click Yes to continue to the microphone test.
- If you don't hear an audio reply, use the drop-down menu or click No to switch microphones until you hear the replay. Click Yes when you hear the replay.
- Click Join with Computer Audio.
- Click Join with Computer Audio to join the test meeting with the selected microphone and speakers.
You will join the test meeting as an attendee. Learn more about Attendee Controls in a Meeting.