Joining a Zoom test meeting
Prepare for upcoming Zoom meetings by setting up a Zoom test call. Within your test meeting, you have the ability to check your internet connection, familiarize yourself with Zoom's video conferencing features, and adjust your audio and video before joining the meeting.
Prerequisites for joining a test meeting
- Zoom desktop client
How to create a test video call
- Visit http://zoom.us/test.
- Click the Join button to launch Zoom.
You will be redirected to launch the meeting from the browser:
- If you have the Zoom desktop client installed on your computer, click Open Zoom.us to launch Zoom.
- If you don't have the Zoom desktop client installed on your computer, click download and run Zoom to download, install, and then run Zoom.
- If you cannot download or run the Zoom desktop client on your computer, click join from your browser.
- The Zoom test meeting will display a pop-up window to test your speakers. If you don't hear the ringtone, use the drop-down menu or click No to switch speakers until you hear the ringtone. Click Yes to continue to the microphone test.
- If you don't hear an audio reply, use the drop-down menu or click No to switch microphones until you hear the replay. Click Yes when you hear the replay.
- Click Join with Computer Audio.
- Click Join with Computer Audio to join the test meeting with the selected microphone and speakers.
You will join the Zoom test meeting as an attendee. Learn more about attendee controls in a meeting.
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.