Using closed captioning in Zoom Rooms
Zoom Room meeting hosts can enable live transcription for a meeting, or assign participants to manually type captions. If the Zoom Room joins a meeting as a participant, and closed captioning or live transcription is available for that meeting, the captions can be viewed on the Zoom Rooms display.
This article covers:
- How to enable closed captioning in Zoom Rooms
- How to view closed captions or live transcription in a Zoom Room
- How to use closed captioning as the meeting host
Prerequisites for using closed captioning in Zoom Rooms
- Zoom Rooms version 5.1.0 or higher
- Meeting with closed captioning or live transcription
- Role with edit access to Zoom Rooms
How to enable closed captioning in Zoom Rooms
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Room Management then Zoom Rooms.
- Click Edit next to the Zoom Room you want to enable closed captioning for.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Under In Meeting (Advanced), click the Manual captions or Automated captions (live transcription) toggle to enable or disable them.
Manual captions allows the meeting host to assign a participant to type the closed captions.
Automated captions (live transcription) uses the meeting audio to automatically create captions.
How to view closed captions or live transcription in a Zoom Room
- Join a meeting where closed captioning or live transcription is being provided by the host.
- On the Zoom Rooms controller, you will see a red dot appear over the Closed Caption or Transcription icon when closed captioning or live transcription is available.
- Tap Closed Caption or, Transcription depending on which is available.
- Tap the toggle on the window to display the text on the Zoom Rooms display.
- (Optional) Adjust the text size with the slider bar.
How to use closed captioning as the meeting host
Enabling live transcription in meeting
- Tap Participants on the Zoom Rooms controller.
- In the lower right corner of the participants list, tap More... then tap Enable Live Transcription.
Assigning a participant to manually type captions in a meeting
- Tap Participants, then tap a participant in the participants list.
- Tap Assign to Type Closed Caption to have that user manually type the captions.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.