By default, anyone with the join link or meeting ID can join a meeting hosted by users on your account, even if they are not signed into Zoom. You have the option to restrict meeting participants to users who are signed into Zoom. You can also restrict participation even further, to those who are signed in from a specific set of email address domains.
Note: After November 4, 2017 enabling Zoom features uses Tiered Settings. Previously configured settings for the Only signed-in users can join feature will continue to work in the same way. Changes made by an administrator might affect meetings and webinars that use this setting.
This article covers:
- Only Signed-in users Can Join Meetings
- Only Signed-in Users With Specified Domains Can Join Meetings
- Owner or Admin Privileges on the Zoom Account
- Free with Credit Card Verification, Pro, Business, Education or API Partner Plan
If this option is enabled, only users who are signed into their Zoom client can join the meeting. This helps to prevent unknown participants from joining the session.
To enable the Only signed-in users can join feature for all members of your organization:
- Sign into the Zoom web portal as an administrator with the privilege to edit Account settings, and click Account Settings.
- Navigate to the Only signed-in users can join options on the Meeting tab and verify that the settings are enabled.
If the setting is disabled, click the Status toggle to enable it. If a verification dialog displays, choose Turn On to verify the change.
- (Optional) If you want to make this setting mandatory for all users in your account, click the lock icon, and then click Lock to confirm the setting.
If this option is enabled, only users who are signed into their Zoom client with the specified domain can join the session.
To enable the Only signed-in users with specific domains can join feature for all members of your organization:
- To add a domain list, click the pencil icon at the bottom.
- Enter a domain name, then click Save to apply the changes.
To include a list of domains without typing each one separately into the text entry field, click the option to Upload domain list from CSV file. This will allow you to upload a CSV file that includes the domain names that are approved for joining meetings.