Using meeting timers
To avoid meetings going over the scheduled time, you have an option to display timers in your meeting or webinar. The Meeting Duration timer shows how much elapsed since you joined the meeting, while the Time Remaining timer shows how much time remains, based on the meeting's scheduled duration.
This article contains:
Prerequisites for meeting timers
Meeting Duration timer
- Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: Global minimum version or higher
- Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS: Global minimum version or higher
Time Remaining timer
- A scheduled Zoom meeting
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.13.0 or higher
- macOS: 5.13.0 or higher
- Linux: 5.13.0 or higher
Limitations of the time remaining timer
- The Time Remaining timer does not support no-fixed time recurring meetings, as these sessions have no scheduled duration. This includes your Personal Meeting Room, which is similar to a no-fixed time meeting.
- Instant meetings are also not supported, as they are not scheduled and thus have no associated duration.
How to enable meeting timers
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click your profile picture and then click Settings .
- On the General tab, check the Show meeting timers option.
Note: On versions lower than 5.13.0, this setting is named Show my meeting duration.
After this setting is enabled, each time you start or join a meeting or webinar, the timers will appear in the upper right corner of the meeting display, unless you are sharing your screen, in which case the timers appear below the share screen controls.
If you start an unscheduled, instant meeting, the meeting timer will default to the Duration timer, which shows how much time has elapsed since you joined the meeting. The clock shows a different value for each meeting participant, depending on when they joined.
If you start a scheduled meeting, the meeting timer will default to the Time Remaining timer, which shows how much time is left of the scheduled duration.
If you want to switch to a different timer, you can do this easily during the meeting or webinar.
- Next to the timer, click the down arrow icon .
The timer options will appear.
- Select Time Remaining or Meeting Duration.
- Sign in to the Zoom mobile app.
- In the bottom-right corner, tap More .
- Tap Meetings.
- In the General section, tap the toggle next to Show My Connected Time to enable.
After this setting is enabled, each time you start or join a meeting or webinar, the connected time will show up below the meeting ID if you are not sharing.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.