Details about upcoming releases will be posted as they become available.
March 23, 2018: Zoom Rooms for PC Version 4.1.22781.0323
- Minor bug fixes.
March 18, 2018: Zoom Rooms for PC Version 4.1.22620.0319
New and enhanced features
- Display content on Zoom Rooms screens
Use the screens in your Zoom Rooms to display static or dynamic content when the rooms are not being used for meetings. This is configured on the Zoom Rooms page of the Zoom web portal. In addition, you can create a Digital Signage Only room that will not be used for meetings, but instead will continuously display digital signage content.
- Integration with Amazon Alexa
Participants in Zoom Rooms can start, join, and end Zoom meetings by speaking to Alexa. You can configure Amazon Echo devices with the Zoom for Alexa skill, and then deploy them into new or existing Zoom Rooms across your organization.
- Switch between shared content and speaker mode
In Zoom Rooms with a single screen, you can switch between shared content and the video of the active speaker. Tap Advanced (beneath the Change View button) to access this setting in the Advanced Settings dialog.
- Save/restore manually selected speaker volume
After exiting a meeting, the speaker volume is restored to the value that was set by the administrator.
- Camera sharing in Zoom Rooms
If you have multiple cameras connected to your Zoom Rooms, you can display the video from one camera while sharing content from a different camera. During a meeting, tap the Share Content or Camera button, then choose a camera. This allows two video streams at once from your Zoom Room.
- Simplified Zoom Rooms setup
After you install the Zoom Rooms software on a Mac or Windows computer, the screen displays a pairing code that you can enter into a Zoom Room controller to automatically connect it to the Zoom Room. In addition, each time you add a room, an activation code is generated, and you can generate an activation code for an existing room on the Zoom Rooms page of the web portal. Enter this activation code on the Zoom Room controller to register the device without the need to sign in with administrator credentials. The activation code is shown on the web portal in the Location Directory.
- Warning when using Bluetooth for audio
To prevent audio issues, if your room includes only one type of bluetooth device (either a speaker or a microphone), the Zoom Rooms screen displays a warning message stating that bluetooth devices must be paired together. The warning messages are configured on the Alert Settings tab of the Edit Room page on the Zoom web portal. Note that using bluetooth devices in Zoom Rooms is not recommended.
- Option for using passcode to exit a Zoom room
The Require Code to Exit setting lets you specify whether users need to enter a code in order to exit Zoom Rooms.
- Automatic audio echo test
Proactively tests your Zoom Rooms audio devices for echo daily.
Touchscreen only features
- Phone Support - allows users to make phone calls on touchscreen devices.
- Contacts - show list of contacts on touchscreen devices. Users can call a contact via audio or video.
- Settings - allows you to change settings on touchscreen devices.
Peripheral Device Support
- Logitech GROUP camera (latest version) support
- Logitech Screen Share (HDMI/USB adapter) support
- Crestron HD to USB Video Converter support
- The performance of Zoom Rooms has been enhanced when an event includes a large number of participants.
- To prevent performance issues during screen sharing, the resolution of TVs is adjusted automatically to 1080p. This does not affect Digital Signage only rooms or Touchscreen devices.
- Additional minor bug fixes.
September 29, 2017: Zoom Rooms for PC Version: 4.0.49299.0928
New and Enhanced Features
- Meeting time format follows the system settings
The meeting time displayed on your screen now follows the Windows system settings format, so that the meeting time is either in 12 hour format (such as 3:00 pm) or 24 hour format (such as 15:00).
- Support for XLR microphones
Note that XLR microphones require the 18 channel, 16 bit setting in Windows. Go to Windows Settings > Sound > Recording and choose the microphone. Change the setting on the Advanced tab of the Properties page, then restart Zoom Rooms.
- Performance Enhancements
- Minor bug fixes
August 23, 2017: Zoom Rooms for PC Version: 4.0.44731.0823
New and Enhanced Features
- Zoom Rooms Scheduling Display
A new mode in the Zoom Rooms app configures your iPad tablet as a simple and convenient tool that displays and schedules meetings. Run the iPad app in Scheduling Display mode and position the tablet directly outside of the Zoom Room to display room availability and allow a room to be be reserved.
- Display Zoom Rooms availability from outside of the room
Position an iPad on the wall outside of a Zoom Room. The top portion of the tablet displays information about upcoming meetings scheduled for the room, while the bottom portion prominently shows whether the room is currently occupied or available.
- Instantly schedule meetings for Zoom Rooms
Use the Reserve button on the Scheduling Display to schedule your own meeting during a time period when the Zoom Room is free. Both the Scheduling Display and the Zoom Room calendar instantly show the new meeting, preventing others from double-booking the room.
Details about the iPad that runs the Zoom Rooms Scheduling Display are available in the Devices tab for the room on the Zoom website.
- Zoom Rooms for Touch features
- Meeting controls
A subset of controller features is incorporated into the Zoom Rooms for Touch screen, allowing you to start, join, and control a meeting. A controller is no longer required, but can be added if you need the full set of controller features.
- Whiteboard annotation tools
The whiteboard tools are simplified, with enhanced responsiveness and ease of use when touching the screen.
- Whiteboard meetings
You can start a whiteboard session outside of a meeting, and then start a meeting while the whiteboard session is in progress. Once the meeting is started, you can invite others to join.
- Save whiteboard content
While using the whiteboard, you can click a Save icon. This displays a dialog where you can enter one or more email addresses. The image of the whiteboard an email that includes an image of the content and annotations of the whiteboard.
- Annotate direct share screens
When a meeting participant uses Direct Share to display content on a Zoom Rooms for Touch screen, participants can use the whiteboard tools to annotate the shared content.
- Meeting controls
- Zoom Rooms In-meeting features
- Choose a Thumbnail, Gallery, or Speaker video layout
The new Thumbnail layout combines the speaker view with a scaled down gallery view. In this layout, a single row of thumbnails containing the most recent speakers displays below a large view of the currently active speaker. Tap the name of the current view on the iPad controller to switch among the layout choices. See Zoom Rooms Display Options for details.
- Switch to a specific active camera
If more than two cameras are available in the Zoom Room, you can dynamically choose which camera is active by choosing the camera from a list. Tap Switch Camera to display the list of available cameras and then tap the one you want to use. See Switch Cameras During Meetings in Zoom Rooms for details.
- Multiple MXL USB microphone support
When multiple MXL microphones are available in a Zoom Room, they are merged into a single entity and managed together. The room automatically detects which microphone needs to be active at a particular time. Using multiple microphones is particularly useful in large rooms where a single microphone might not detect the sounds from all parts of the room. See Configure Multiple MXL Microphones for details.
- Support for additional devices for HDMI Sharing
The following HDMI-USB devices now support audio and video sharing in Zoom Rooms:
- Magewell USB Capture HDMI Gen 2
- Magewell USB Capture HDMI Plus
- INOGENI SHARE HDMI 4K2USB3
Note that audio sharing is not supported on this device
- Zoom Rooms Management feature
- Disable devices alerts from appearing on the screen
The Alert Settings tab lets you specify that peripheral device alerts do not appear on Zoom Rooms screens. For example, if you disconnect the camera and microphone, to use the room for displaying rather than presenting content, the room does not display an alert that these peripherals are disconnected. Configure the alert settings in the Alert Settings tab of the Edit Room page. To access this tab, sign into your Zoom account and click Zoom Rooms, then click the room name. Click the Edit button next to the room name to display the Edit Room page for the room, then click the Alert Settings tab at the top of that page.
- Automatically start and stop scheduled meetings in Zoom Rooms
You can specify that meetings in Zoom Rooms follow the Google or Microsoft calendar associated with the room. These meetings start automatically at the start time in the calendar and stop at the end time.
- Hide or show sharing instructions on the screen
You can enable or disable the option Hide share instruction from TV. If you enable this option, instructions for how to display your laptop are never shown on the TV.
- Simplified Zoom Rooms Calendar integration
You can now easily link your calendar system (Google or Microsoft) on the Calendar Integration page (under Zoom Rooms) and then assign individual room calendars to Zoom Rooms at any time. Additionally, when adding a new room, you only need to enter a unique room name in order to make the room available to your account and you can add the calendar later.
- Minor bug fixes
April 16, 2017: Zoom Rooms for PC Version: 4.0.29736.0414
- Improved Google login
Google has enhanced the login process, and in the latest version of Zoom Rooms, logging in through Google takes advantage of these enhancements.
Important: If you log in using Google, you must upgrade the Zoom Rooms software before April 20.
- Minor bug fixes
March 2, 2017: Zoom Rooms for PC Version: 4.0.25538.0301
New and Enhanced Features
- Zoom Room Management features
- Control cloud recording for instant meetings
Enable or disable the Start Recording button for meetings started from the "Meet Now" button on the Zoom Rooms controller.
- Transform all meetings to private
Choose this option to immediately mask the display of upcoming meeting topics from Zoom Rooms screens. This can be done at the account level, the room level, or at any intermediate level in the hierarchy. The screens show either “<MeetingOrganizer_Name’s> Meeting” or “Private Meeting” instead of the original meeting topic.
- Hide host and meeting ID from private meetings
If this feature is enabled, private meetings do not show the host name or meeting ID on the controller or the Zoom Room screen. Individuals can join a private meeting from a Zoom Room by clicking the Start button, even though they cannot see the host or meeting ID. This feature is available for iPad controllers only.
- Zoom Room In-meeting feature
- Camera presets
The Camera Control option includes three buttons that can be used to return a camera to a specific preset position. You do not need a passcode to move the camera to the preset position, but you must enter the passcode to configure the presets. To configure a preset, long press a button to display a popup menu, where you can choose to save a camera position or rename the button. After a button is set, tap it to move the camera to the preset position.This is available on supported models of Logitech and AVer cameras.
- Zoom Rooms Controller feature
- Improved end of meeting feedback survey flow
Previously, if you chose the “Thumbs down” feedback option after the meeting ended, you had to select an option stating what went wrong. You can now choose the “Thumbs down” option without providing additional feedback. This is for iOS controllers only.
January 23, 2017: Zoom Rooms for PC Version: 4.0.22217.0124
- Voice command is updated to only listen to activate 10 mins prior/after of a scheduled meeting. Voice command will no longer activate a meet now (instant meeting).
- Bug fixes
January 16, 2017: Zoom Rooms for PC Version: 4.0.21287.0115
New and enhanced Features
- Zoom Room Management features
- Organize a hierarchical structure for your Zoom Rooms based on their location (such as Campus, Building, or Floor).
- Remotely manage groups of Zoom Rooms and their associated devices.
- Location-based Zoom Rooms
- Full PBX support
Dial into or out from a Zoom Room using an existing PBX, such as Cisco’s CUCM or RingCentral.
- Zoom Room In-meeting features
- Remote camera control
Remotely control a camera in another Zoom Room or in a 323/SIP based Room System using the Zoom Room Controller.
- Reclaim host control of a Zoom Room
Enter the host key into the Zoom Room Controller to make that Zoom Room the meeting host.
- Zoom Room pinning
Pin a specific video to a local Zoom Room screen.
- Zoom Room spotlight
Spotlight a specific video which is pinned to the screen of all meeting participants.
- Direct share with sharing key
When proximity detection is not available, users can enter a key, consisting of a string of letters, to activate direct share.
- The HDMI Sharing dialog will now close after 5 minutes if no one is sharing.
- Any meeting that includes a Zoom Room is never subject to the 40 minute meeting limitation, even if the host is using a free account.
- The option to hide non-video participants in Zoom Rooms will now prevent participants not sending video from displaying on the active speaker view.
Nov 21, 2016: Zoom Rooms for PC Version: 3.6.12783.1121
- Removed the Sharing Code in Direct Share, will use proximity detection only
- Zoom Rooms auto answer now includes far end camera controls (from desktop)
- Magewell HDMI screen sharing with 16:9 support
- Fixed an issue Zoom Room Controller with proximity detection signal turned on
- With HDMI sharing, instructions window on controller will close when screen is being shared
- Shared screen will always show in full-screen mode
- Other minor fixes
Oct 30, 2016: Zoom Rooms for PC Version: 3.6.10800.1031
- Direct Share with Proximity Detection or Sharing Code
- Audio Echo Elimination with Proximity Detection
- IP-PBX Call-In Support
- Remote Zoom Rooms Management
- Private Meeting Support for Microsoft Outlook or Google Calendar
- Automatic Content Share with HDMI Capture
- End-of-Meeting Attendee Feedback
- Accessibility (Closed-Caption) Support
- Contact IT Information for Alert Notification
- Support for 3 TV Screens
- Remote Zoom Rooms configurations update immediately
- Zoom Admin with Zoom Rooms management privileges can manage Zoom Rooms
- Camera mirroring is now saved
- Volume control in presentation mode.
- Zoom Room name is displayed on Airplay display list instead of computer name
- Problem report includes Zoom Room’s main email and Zoom Room’s name
- Improved and more user friendly Zoom Rooms alert notifications
- Fixed low speaker volume with Logitech group and Jabra speakerphones
Jul 1, 2016 Zoom Rooms for PC Version: 3.5.55999.0630
- Added in-meeting switch camera control (requires iPad update)
- New UI to end or leave a meeting (requires iPad update)
- Mute/unmute sync with Logitech Connect Conference Camera and Jabra 810
- Alert meeting host when invite attendees is launched for locked meetings
- UI Issues when display ratio is set to 150%
- List meetings with no subject/topic
- Display Airplay instructions on all displays
- Muted microphone will stay muted when opening the microphone settings
- Muted microphone will stay muted when switching microphone
- Unmute Zoom Room microphones upon leave/end
- Mute/unmute syncs with Zoom Rooms in and out of meeting
- Display start and end time on Zoom Rooms monitor via Dashboard
- Screen sharing instruction clears from the display when sharing ends
- Phone attendees can no longer be made host (requires iPad update)
- Airplay screen sharing improvements
- Inability to choose HDMI Audio when using Blackmagic.
- Share instructions not showing on Touch Screen when whiteboard is being used.
- Other minor fixes
May 2, 2016 Zoom Rooms for PC Version: 3.5.48968.0428
- Move and resize the on-screen video thumbnail during screen share
- Touch tone keypad entry (DTMF) support during a phone call. Available for both Phone dial out and Invite by Phone features
- Switch a phone call to a full Zoom video meeting
- HDMI screen sharing through Magewell capture device
- Airplay and HDMI content sharing during a phone call
- Meet Now can be configured for a randomly generated meeting ID
- Configurable privacy watermark display for secure content sharing
- Other minor enhancements
Mar 14, 2016, Zoom Rooms for PC Version: 3.5.44077.0314
- New release for Zoom Rooms for PC