Setting the cloud recording playback range
When you click a video recording on the Recordings page, the playback video launches in a new browser tab, which includes controls for Download and Share. You can also set a playback range for the shared video so that it starts and ends at the times you specify, removing unneeded portions from the beginning and end.
Playback range does not trim your recordings. If the recording is downloaded, it will still be the original length, regardless of the playback range you set. If enabled, you can also view the audio transcript for cloud recordings.
Note: Playback range will not apply to users viewing cloud recordings on Internet Explorer, Safari, or on mobile devices, if they view the recording using low bandwidth mode.
Prerequisites for setting the playback range of a cloud recording
- Zoom account with Cloud Recording enabled
How to trim the beginning and end of a Zoom cloud recording
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Recordings.
- Click the meeting topic for the session that you want to play, then click the thumbnail of the video.
A new browser tab will open, showing the recording playback and the available controls, including Play / Pause, Volume, Speed, Set Playback Range, Show/Hide Subtitles, and Full screen.
- Click Set Playback Range.
- Use the sliders to specify the start time and the end time for the recording, then click Save.
- In the Zoom web portal, where the individual recording is located, click Copy shareable link.
Note: The share link provides access to the recording, which plays only the specified time range. If you enable downloads for the recording, viewers can still access the full recording.
Learn more about managing and sharing cloud recordings.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.