When you click a video recording on the My Recordings page, the playback video launches in a new browser tab, which includes controls for Download and Share. You can also set a playback range for the shared video so that it starts and ends at the times you specify, removing unneeded portions from the beginning and end.
Playback range does not trim your recordings. If the recording is downloaded, it will still be the original length, regardless of the playback range you set. If enabled, you can also view the audio transcript for cloud recordings.
Note: Playback range will not apply to users viewing cloud recordings on Internet Explorer, Safari, or on mobile devices, if they view the recording using low bandwidth mode.
Prerequisites for cloud recording playback
- Zoom account with Cloud Recording enabled
How to use cloud recording playback
- Log into your Zoom account on the web and click My Recordings.
- Click the meeting topic for the session that you want to play, then click the thumbnail of the video.
A new browser tab opens, showing the recording playback and the available controls.
- Click Set Playback Range.
- Use the sliders to specify the start time and the end time for the recording, then click Save.
- Click Share.
A message displays, showing the meeting topic and time along with a link to the recording, and the Access Password, if you enabled that option.
The share link provides access to the recording, which plays only the specified time range.