Using original sound for musicians in a meeting
The Original sound for musicians setting allows for the preservation of audio received from your microphone without using Zoom's echo cancellation and audio filters. This is ideal if your microphone or sound equipment has these features built-in or if you are wanting to preserve the full range of sound from a musical instrument.
When enabling original sound feature in the Zoom desktop client, you will also have greater control over:
- High fidelity music mode to optimize Zoom audio for the highest quality.
- Zoom's echo cancellation algorithms, which are enabled by default.
- Stereo audio for a better listening experience, which is disabled by default.
Once you have enabled the feature in the client, you can enable this setting in your meetings as needed.
For sharing audio as part of screen sharing, either in mono or stereo, refer to the sharing computer audio article.
Prerequisites for using original sound in meetings and webinars
- Basic account with credit card, Pro, Business, or API Partner account
- Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS: Global minimum version or higher
- Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS: Global minimum version or higher
How to enable original sound in a meeting
After enabling the client setting for original sound, you can choose to preserve the original sound during a meeting as needed.
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Start or join a meeting.
- Connect to meeting audio with the Computer Audio option.
In the top-left corner of the meeting window, the current status of the Original Sound for Musicians feature is indicated.
- Click the Original Sound for Musicians button to toggle this on or off.
A notification will appear, indicating if the feature is currently enabled or not.
Note: If you enable Original Sound for Musician in a meeting, all noise suppression is disabled. If you disable Original Sound for Musicians, the client reverts to the noise suppression setting that you chose in client settings, meaning it could be Auto / Low / Med / High.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.