Using multiple microphones is particularly useful in large or medium rooms where a single microphone might not detect the sounds from all parts of the room. When using multiple USB-based MXL microphones, you can configure them as a single device within a Zoom Room so they can be managed together. When this configuration is used, the Zoom Room software audio processing automatically detects which microphone needs to be active at any particular time.
- Multiple MXL AC-404 microphone, Samsung Soundbar and Anker 7 Port USB Hub
- Zoom Rooms App for iPad version 4.2.37605.0629 or higher
- Zoom Rooms for Mac version 4.0.37666.0630 or higher on Mac OSx 10.12 or higher
- Zoom Rooms for PC version 4.0.44731.0823 or higher
- Optional components: IOGear USB/Cat Extender, Anker 10 Port USB Hub, Cat6 Cable and Cable Cover.
To use multiple microphones in a Zoom Room:
- Connect the required number of MXL microphones with the following layout:
- On the iPad controller, tap Settings, and then tap Microphone.
If multiple MXL microphones are detected, the controller displays the number of microphones next to microphone name, and a message asks you to confirm that the number of microphones is correct.
- Tap Confirm if the number of microphones is correct, or tap Cancel if the message shows fewer microphones than you expect.
If you tap Cancel, check your physical microphones to ensure that they are connected correctly, then repeat Step 2 to verify that all of the microphones have been detected.
- Check to ensure Software Audio Processing in enabled.