Automatically start/stop scheduled Zoom Room meetings
You can specify that meetings in Zoom Rooms follow the Google or Microsoft calendar associated with the room. You can set the meetings to start automatically at the start time in the calendar and/or to stop at the end time. These options eliminate the manual step of using the controller to start and stop meetings in the room.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for automatically starting/stopping Zoom Room meetings
- Integration of Zoom Rooms with a Google or Microsoft calendar
- Zoom Rooms iPad Controller 4.2.37605.0629 or higher
- Zoom Rooms for Mac 4.4.0 or higher
- Zoom Rooms for PC version 4.4.0 or higher
How to enable the automatic start/stop of scheduled meetings
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management then click Zoom Rooms.
- Choose a level of the Zoom Rooms hierarchy you would like to edit this feature for. Click Account Settings for the entire account, or Edit for a state, building, floor, or specific room.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Click the toggle next to Automatic start scheduled meetings and/or Automatic stop scheduled meetings.
- Click Enable to verify the change.
- (Optional) You can lock this setting for the entire account by clicking the padlock icon .
How to use upcoming meeting alerts
You can also enable upcoming meeting alerts if you want to display a message on the Zoom Rooms display that notifies participants that a meeting will automatically start. The notification will appear 10 minutes before the scheduled start time.
Join the 83K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.