In this article, we will discuss some features that apply to non-operating hours.
Both options in this article achieve the following:
- TVs are black
- Zoom Rooms Controller/Scheduler are dim
This article covers:
- Black Screen Mode (Preferred)
- CEC (Consumer Electronics Control)
Black Screen Mode (Preferred)
Zoom Rooms video output will automatically go black during non operation time. No setup necessary
Key Advantage: Zoom Rooms is still operable. A late attendee may still enter the room and tap the iPad to "wake up" the Zoom Room seamlessly.
- Zoom Rooms for ChromeOS version 3.6.2995.0127 or higher
- Zoom Rooms for Mac version 4.3.0 (446.0130) or higher
- Zoom Rooms for PC version 4.3.0 (390.0130) or higher
CEC (Consumer Electronics Control)
In Zoom Rooms that have CEC-supported TVs, you can power the TVs on or off manually using the Zoom Room Controller and automatically based on Zoom Rooms Operation Time.
Note: Additional hardware and setup is required. Any use during non-operating time will require a manual command to turn displays on within settings on the ZRC.
- TV with CEC enabled on selective Samsung, LG or Sharp models
- Pulse 8 USB-CEC adapter - one per display
- Lindy HDMI CEC Less Adapter - one per display
- Zoom Rooms Controller for iPad version 4.2.37605.0629 or higher
- Zoom Rooms Controller for Android version 1.0.16326.1205 or higher
- Zoom Rooms Controller for Windows 4.3.33234.0925 or higher
- Zoom Rooms for Mac version 4.0.37666.0630 or higher
- Zoom Rooms for PC version 4.0.44731.0823 or higher
To power on/off all connected CEC TVs in a Zoom Room:
- Tap Settings on the Controller.
- Tap Display Screen, CEC.
This setting shows the number of CEC-enabled TVs that were configured for the room.
Setting LG Display to CEC (Newer Models)
To turn CEC on:
- Press Home on the LG remote.
- Click the Settings icon in the top right corner of the LG Display.
- Click the All Settings (⋮) icon in the lower right corner of the LG Display.
- Click General.
- Click SIMPLINK (HDMI-CEC).
- Toggle the feature to on.
- Close the menus by pressing the back button on the remote twice.
- Power the display off for one minute and then restart.
Setting LG Commercial TV to CEC (Older Models)
To turn CEC on:
- Press and hold the menu button for 5 seconds (Menu will popup and disappear).
- Within 5 seconds press 1105 and then Enter.
- From pop up menu navigate to HCEC and then Enter.
- Switch from Default to HCEC.
- Select Enter and then exit the menu.
- CEC works on both HDMI 1 (rear facing) and HDMI 2 (side facing).