Zoom Rooms display systems on/off
In this article, we will discuss some features that apply to non-operating hours. We recommend utilizing Room Controls to control display systems based on operation times. This way we can control devices directly, dictating exactly what command goes to the device based on the event within the Zoom software.
This article covers:
- Room Controls
- Black Screen Mode
- CEC (Consumer Electronics Control)
Room controls will allow direct IP control of a device over a network based on operating hours as defined by the user. We recommend getting a secondary network adapter for your Zoom Room computer and assign a static IP to that network adapter. Using a small switch, connect the Zoom Rooms computer USB network interface, as well as network-controlled devices, to that network switch.
- Zoom Rooms for macOS: version 5.1.0 (2745.0802) or higher
- Zoom Rooms for Windows: version 5.1.0 (1612.0803) or higher
- Zoom Rooms for Appliances: version 5.1.2 (35624.0822) or higher
- Note: AV subnet is not possible on appliances, but can control over building LAN
How to set up Room Controls
- Copy/paste the JSON sample text into your room controls profile on the Zoom Portal.
- Set static IP address on USB network interface on the Zoom Room. See the sample static IP table for reference.
- Set static IP address on controlled devices.
- Validate your operating hours settings to verify a start and stop time for your system.
- Ethernet Adapter
- Mini Network Switch
- IP controllable display/projector/motorized screen
In this example, we will provide files for single and dual LG UH5EB displays. IP addresses will match the sample static IP table.
Projector & Screen Control
In this example, we will control two projectors. Using response filters, we will listen for an acknowledgement from the projector of an on/off command, resulting in a customized event to lower or raise the screen to align with the system. Buttons will be available for projector control which will translate to screen control.
Black Screen Mode
Zoom Rooms video output will automatically go black during non operation time. No setup necessary.
Note: Zoom recommends using the Device Operation Time Black Screen Mode to put TV to black screen mode instead of using HDMI-CEC.
- Zoom Rooms for Mac: version 4.3.0 (446.0130) or higher
- Zoom Rooms for PC: version 4.3.0 (390.0130) or higher
- Zoom Rooms for ChromeOS: version 3.6.2995.0127 or higher
- Zoom Rooms for Appliances: version 4.6.1 (36316.0120) or higher
CEC (Consumer Electronics Control)
Zoom Rooms no longer support CEC controls via the Zoom Rooms application. Native Room Controls is the contemporary solution.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.