Some versions of Kaspersky anti-virus software, specifically Kaspersky Internet Security 2015, block Zoom from accessing your camera by default. You can modify applications' access to the webcam through Application Control in the Kaspersky software.
If you are using Kaspersky Endpoint Security, you can exclude Zoom from scanning to prevent Kaspersky from blocking the camera. Learn more.
How to Allow Zoom
- Open Kaspersky Internet Security 2015.
- Click Settings.
- Click on Protection or Protection Center.
- Click on Application Control.
- Click on Manage Applications.
- In the Application management window, drag and drop Zoom Video Communications to the Trusted group, or right-click on Zoom, choose Restrictions and Select Trusted.
Once added as a trusted application, Zoom should be able to access your webcam.