For accounts with this feature enabled, the host and other users on the account can check the participants list to see that a participant outside of your Zoom account has joined the meeting.
- Account Owner or Admin Permissions to enable
- Zoom Client for Mac, version 4.1.8826.0925 or higher
- Zoom Client for PC, version 4.1.8826.0925 or higher
Enable for your Account
- On the Zoom web portal, navigate to Account Settings.
- In the Meeting Settings (Basic) section, click Edit on the right.
- Enable the Identify guest participants in the meeting/webinar option.
- Click Save Changes.
Identify Guest Participants
Any guest will show in the participants list with an orange background behind their names. A guest is anyone who is:
- Not signed in
- Signed in from an email address that is not in the same account as the host
- Signed in with a version of the Zoom client software older than the supported version
Guest participants will not see the orange background in the participants list.