Use the Audio transcript option (under Cloud Recording) to automatically transcribe the audio of a meeting or webinar that you record to the cloud. After this transcript is processed, it appears as a separate .vtt text file in the list of recorded meetings. In addition, you have the option to display the transcript text within the video itself, similar to a closed caption display
The transcript is divided into sections, each with a timestamp that shows how far into the recording that portion of the text was recorded. You can edit the text to more accurately capture the words, or to add capitalization and punctuation, which are not captured by the transcript.
You can search for text within the transcription and you can search for transcribed recordings that include the text you are searching for.
This article includes:
- Enabling Transcription
- Generate a Transcript
- View and Edit the Transcript
- Embed the Transcript
- Search within the Transcript
- Pro license with Cloud Recording enabled
Note: This is a Beta feature. Contact Support to sign up.
- Login to My Meeting Settings.
- Scroll to the Recordings section and click Edit on the right side.
- Enable Cloud Recording if it is not already enabled.
- Enable the Audio Transcript option. Note that the Record an audio only file option must also be enabled to use this feature.
- Click Save Changes.
- Start a meeting or webinar.
- Click the Record button and choose Record to the Cloud.
- After the meeting ends, you will receive an email that lets you know that your cloud recording is available. A short time later, you also receive a separate email letting you know that the audio transcript for the recording is available. These emails include links to view your recordings and transcript.
- Click the link in the email or navigate to the My Recordings page on the Zoom web portal and click the name of the recorded meeting.
This opens the Recording Details page, which includes at least two files:
- Audio Only (m4a)
- Transcript Recording (vtt)
If you selected other files for the cloud recording, these will also be included:
- Recording (mp4)
- Gallery view (mp4)
Chat text (txt)
The transcript is automatically embedded within the audio and video file, but is hidden by default. To see the transcript embedded in the audio or video file:
- Open the audio or video file from My Recordings.
- Click the Play button.
- Click the CC icon at the bottom right of the screen.
The text displays on top of the video, similar to closed caption text.
- Go to My Recordings.
- In the Search by list, choose Keyword. Type a word or phrase in the text entry box, then click Search.
- This shows the list of meetings that includes the keyword in the transcript.
- Type the keyword into the search box. All instances of the keyword are highlighted.