Using a Zoom Rooms for Touch whiteboard
Zoom Rooms for Touch is equipped with a whiteboard. You can start a whiteboard session, and then invite others to view and annotate. You can save the whiteboard image and annotations at any time by sending the image file to email recipients you specify.
The whiteboard also supports multi-touch with up to 10 touch points if you have a compatible touchscreen monitor.
Note: If you are looking for information on the new Zoom Whiteboard, you can find it here.
This article covers:
- How to start a whiteboard session and use the controls
- How to use the drawing tools (free form and smart recognition drawing)
- How to invite participants to a whiteboard session
- How to save a whiteboard session
- How to restrict sending whiteboards to internal users (admin)
Prerequisites for using the whiteboard in Zoom Rooms for Touch
- Zoom Rooms for Windows global minimum version or higher
- Windows 8.1 or higher
- Touch drivers installed on the computer
- Single touchscreen monitor or multiple monitors
How to start a whiteboard session and use the controls
- From the home screen, tap Whiteboard.
- The whiteboard control bar is displayed on the left of the screen, enabling you to switch from the default color (black) to another color (red, yellow, green, or blue) to draw on the screen.
You will also have access to these features:
- CLOSE: Close the whiteboard and return to the home screen.
- Moon icon : Change the background of the whiteboard to black.
- Send icon : Email the whiteboard as an image.
- Add page icon : Add a new whiteboard page. After adding a page, you will see an icon showing the number of pages . Tap this icon to see view and delete pages.
- Drawing tools
- NEW SHARE: Start screen sharing. You will be able to access the drawing tools after starting the screen share.
- START MEETING: Start a meeting and share the whiteboard with participants. After starting a meeting, you will see these options in the bottom-right corner:
- Mic icon: Mute or unmute the Zoom Room's mic.
- More icon (...): Access the integrated controller.
- END MEETING: End the meeting for all participants.
How to use the drawing tools (free form and smart recognition drawing)
After starting a whiteboard session in Zoom Rooms for Touch, you can use two types of drawing methods:
- Free form: Zoom will not to smooth out your lines or auto-convert drawings to shapes. Your drawings will appear on the whiteboard exactly as you drew them.
- Smart recognition drawing: Zoom will to smooth out your lines and auto-convert drawings to shapes immediately after you draw on the touchscreen monitor.
Note: In addition to the whiteboard, these tools are also available when annotating on a participant's screen shared.
- Click the pencil icon, then choose the pencil icon or shape icon in the tool bar.
- Select a drawing method:
- Free form: Select None. You can also change the line thickness.
- Smart recognition: Select Shape to turn on smart recognition drawing. You can also change the line thickness.
- Choose a color and touch the screen to begin drawing.
- Tap the screen to draw.
- Click the undo icon to undo your last drawing or click the trash bin con to clear all drawings on the currently opened whiteboard.
How to invite participants to a whiteboard session
If you start a whiteboard session outside of a meeting, you can share it with remote participants by starting a meeting. The whiteboard that you have been using is available to share with the participants you invite to the meeting.
If you have set up Zoom Rooms for Touch with dual monitors, the whiteboard session will remain on the touchscreen monitor while participants' video will appear on the regular monitor.
- From the home screen, tap Whiteboard.
- Tap a color and begin drawing.
- Tap START MEETING in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap the ellipses icon (...) in the bottom-right section to display the integrated controller.
- Tap Invite in the meeting controls.
- Use the search bar to search for contacts to invite.
- Select participants from the search results, then tap Invite.
All participants can see the whiteboard you are sharing, and can annotate it using the whiteboard annotation tools from their own Zoom application.
How to save a whiteboard session
You can save and share a whiteboard session, including annotations, by sending an email containing an image the whiteboard.
If your whiteboard has multiple pages, each page will be a separate image.
- Start a whiteboard session.
- Tap the send icon in the whiteboard controls.
- If you have multiple whiteboard pages, you will be prompted to select the ones you want to send.
- Enter an email address to send the whiteboard to.
- In the bottom-right corner, select a format for the whiteboard.
- Tap the Sendicon.
The whiteboard will be sent with the subject line Saved Whiteboard Image(s). The sender will be the room name.
How to restrict sending whiteboards to internal users (admin)
Zoom Rooms for Touch whiteboards can be restricted to allow sharing with internal users only for additional security. This option can be enabled account-wide or at the device level.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management, then click Zoom Rooms.
- You can use location hierarchy to enable this setting for a specific room or location. Click Account Settings to enable it for the entire account.
- Click Meeting.
- Make sure Send Whiteboard to internal contacts only is enabled .
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.