When a presenter is sharing a screen that is at a higher resolution than yours, you can automatically follow the presenter’s pointer on your desktop client. This is particularly useful when only a portion of the shared screen is visible to you, helping you stay focused on the important part of the shared screen.
- Zoom Client for Mac, version 4.1.8826.0925 or higher
- Zoom Client for PC, version 4.1.8826.0925 or higher
- Start or join a meeting or webinar on a Zoom desktop client.
- When screen sharing begins, the Follow Presenter’s Pointer option is automatically enabled.
- If you manually move the shared content, you see a message that lets you know that the option to follow the presenter’s pointer has been disabled.
- To re-enable following the presenter’s focus, under View Options, choose the option Follow Presenter’s Pointer.
- The presenter cannot be sharing content from within a Zoom Rooms meeting.
- The presenter must be on the supported version of the client.
- You must view the presentation using the original window size.