When a presenter is sharing a screen that is at a higher resolution than yours, you can automatically follow the presenter’s pointer on your desktop client. This is particularly useful when only a portion of the shared screen is visible to you, helping you to stay focused on the important part of the shared screen.
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.3.1 (52877.0927) or higher
- macOS: 5.3.1 (52877.0927) or higher
Note: The presenter cannot be sharing content from within a Zoom Rooms meeting.
Note: You must be viewing the presentation at 100% (original size) or higher for this feature to work.
To change the presentation's zoom ratio:
- Click on View Options.
- Hover your mouse over Zoom Ratio.
- Select a zoom ratio of 100% (or higher) or higher to view the presentation.
To follow the presenter's pointer during screen sharing:
- Start or join a meeting or webinar on a Zoom desktop client.
- When screen sharing begins, the Follow Presenter’s Pointer option is automatically enabled.
- If you manually move the shared content, you see a message that lets you know that the option to follow the presenter’s pointer has been disabled.
- To re-enable following the presenter’s focus, under View Options, choose the option Follow presenter’s pointer.