Following the presenter's pointer
When a presenter is sharing a screen that is at a higher resolution than yours, you can automatically follow the presenter’s pointer on your desktop client. This is particularly useful when only a portion of the shared screen is visible to you, helping you to stay focused on the important part of the shared screen.
Prerequisites for following the presenter's pointer during screen share
- Zoom desktop client
Windows: 5.3.1 (52877.0927) or higher
macOS: 5.3.1 (52877.0927) or higher
Note: The presenter cannot be sharing content from within a Zoom Rooms meeting.
How to follow the presenter's pointer during screen share
Note: You must be viewing the presentation at 100% (original size) or higher for this feature to work.
To change the presentation's zoom ratio:
- Click on View Options.
- Hover your mouse over Zoom Ratio.
- Select a zoom ratio of 100% (or higher) or higher to view the presentation.
To follow the presenter's pointer during screen sharing:
- Start or join a meeting or webinar on a Zoom desktop client.
- When screen sharing begins, the Follow Presenter’s Pointer option is automatically enabled.
- If you manually move the shared content, you see a message that lets you know that the option to follow the presenter’s pointer has been disabled.
- To re-enable following the presenter’s focus, under View Options, choose the option Follow presenter’s pointer.
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.