Using noise suppression for Zoom Rooms
For microphones without integrated software audio processing, the Zoom Room can manage the microphone settings to optimize microphone sound quality. Zoom Room noise suppression includes echo cancellation, noise reduction and automatic gain control.
Prerequisites for enabling advanced software audio processing
- Zoom Rooms version 5.13.0 or higher
- Zoom Rooms for controller version 5.13.0 or higher
Note: If your external hardware includes built-in audio processing, noise suppression will not interfere with the feature, unless you are using Yealink A10, A20, or A30 devices.
How to use noise suppression
- On the controller, tap Settings.
- (Optional) Toggle Lock Settings to allow you to make changes. Enter the passcode.
- Tap Microphone.
- If the room includes multiple microphones in the source list (including devices with an integrated microphone), tap the name of the device that you want to adjust.
- Tap Noise Suppression.
- Select from the following options:
- Off: Disables the setting
- Auto: Default setting
- High: For noisy environments
Note: There is a basic noise suppression feature in the background that cannot be disabled. Turning this setting off disables the more advanced version of noise suppression.
- After making your changes, toggle Lock Settings again.
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.