Assigning a license
After purchasing a new license from the Zoom Sales team or from the Billing page, you will need to assign it to a user. Each license can only be assigned to one user at a time. Licenses of the same type, such as Webinar and Large Meeting, do not compound or stack when multiple of the same type are assigned to a user.
Prerequisites for assigning a license
- Account owner or admin privileges
- Unassigned licenses
Note: Before a user can have a Large Meeting, Webinar, and/or Zoom Events license, they will need to be Licensed.
How to assign a license
Note: Account owners and admins can assign both a Zoom Events license and a Zoom Webinars license to a user. Zoom Events capacity will be limited by the Zoom Events license. The capacity of scheduled webinars will be limited by the larger capacity of the Zoom Webinars license or Zoom Events license.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click User Management, then Users.
- Locate or search for the user who you want to assign a license.
- Click Edit at the end of the user row. This will open a window.
- Choose the User Type to assign.
- After choosing the User Type, use the drop down to select the license.
- (Optional) Assign add-ons by checking the boxes for the add-on. For Large Meeting, Webinar, or Zoom Events licenses, choose the radio button for the size of the license, if it is not automatically selected.
- Click Save.
The license is now applied to the user and they can use it immediately.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.