No one wants a transcript that is full of errors. Unfortunately, you will likely get an inaccurate transcript if the audio quality is not good enough. The good news is that this is easily preventable. This article provides some quick tips on how to record good quality audio to ensure accurate transcripts.
- Business or Enterprise license with Cloud Recording enabled
- Keep the background noise to the minimum.
- Ask the participants to speak clearly into the microphone, and refrain from shuffling papers, typing loudly, or talking among themselves.
- Check where you place the microphone. If your meeting involves many people sitting together sharing the same dial-in, place the microphone near the participants who are talking.
- Choose an external microphone over a built-in one for better sound quality.