Using multiple microphones is particularly useful in large or medium rooms where a single microphone might not detect the sounds from all parts of the room. When using multiple XLR-based microphones, you can configure them as a single device within a Zoom Room so they can be managed together. When this configuration is used, the Zoom Room software audio processing automatically detects which microphone needs to be active at any particular time.
- Multiple XU851RO omnidirectional microphone, Samsung Soundbar and Zoom UAC-8 audio converter
- Zoom Rooms for PC version 4.0.49299.0928 or higher
- Zoom Rooms for Mac : pending
- Zoom Rooms App for iPad version 4.2.37605.0629 or higher
- Optional components: IOGear USB/Cat Extender, Cat6 Cable and Cable Cover.
To use multiple microphones in a Zoom Room:
- Download and install the UAC-8 Driver and MixEfx on the Zoom Rooms PC
- Connect the UAC-8 to power and to the Zoom Rooms PC via USB
- Connect the required number of XLR microphones to the Zoom UAC-8
- On the iPad controller, tap Settings, and then tap Microphone. If multiple XLR microphones are detected, the controller displays Zoom UAC-8 Audio next to microphone name.
- Check to ensure Software Audio Processing in enabled.