Using multiple microphones is particularly useful in large or medium rooms where a single microphone might not detect the sounds from all parts of the room. When using multiple XLR-based microphones, you can configure them as a single device within a Zoom Room so they can be managed together. When this configuration is used, the Zoom Room software audio processing automatically detects which microphone needs to be active at any particular time, without the need of an external DSP.
- Microphone: Audio Technica XU851RO Table Mic, Shure MX202 Overhead Mic, or Audix M3 Tri Element Hanging Mic
- Speaker: Samsung Soundbar or QSC Amp with Ceiling Speakers
- Audio Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 18|20 or Behringer U-Phoria UMC1820
To use multiple XLR microphones in a Zoom Room:
- Download and install the Audio Interface drivers to the Zoom Rooms PC/Mac
- Connect the Audio Interface to power and to the Zoom Rooms PC/Mac via USB
- Connect the required number of XLR microphones to the Audio Interface
- On the iPad controller, tap Settings, and then tap Microphone. If multiple XLR microphones are detected, the controller displays Audio Interface next to microphone name.
- Check to ensure Software Audio Processing in enabled.