If you have forgotten your Zoom password, you can easily reset it.
If you know your Zoom password, but need to change it, learn how to change your password.
This article covers:
- Resetting your password
- Common problems
Non-SSO Zoom account with email and password sign-in
Note: This article provides information on how to reset your password for non-SSO accounts. If you sign in to Zoom through a 3rd-party platform such as Facebook, Google, or your organization's SSO, reset your password from via 3rd-party platform.
Resetting your password
- Open a web browser and go to zoom.us/forgot_password.
- Enter your email address and the captcha code displayed. If the displayed captcha code is difficult to read:
- Click to change the code, or
- Click for an audio code, then click Play Audio to hear the code.
- Click Send.
- You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. Click the link in the email.
- Enter your new password.
- Enter the new password a second time for confirmation.
- Click Save. You have now reset your password and should be logged into the Zoom web portal.
- Click Go to My Meetings to be taken to the web portal.
Account does not exist
If you received a message that no account was found when you attempted to reset your password, this means that Zoom's system did not find a Zoom account to match the email address and password-login credentials that you entered.
- Confirm that the email address was entered correctly
- Try logging in with Google or Facebook
- If part of a business or education account, try logging in with single sign-on (SSO) at your vanity URL, eg. myorganization.zoom.us
If you login with Facebook or Google—and you do not know your Facebook or Google password—you will need to reset your password there. Here is some additional information on how to reset your Facebook or Google password.
Didn't receive confirmation email
If you didn't receive the confirmation email to reset your password, please check your Spam folder and confirm that firstname.lastname@example.org is allowed for your inbox.
While most mail servers receive Zoom's password-reset emails within a few minutes, some mail servers may take 30 minutes or longer. If possible, wait to see if you receive it.
If you still do not receive the password reset email, please reach out to Zoom Technical Support for assistance.
Link has expired
Zoom's reset-password links stay valid for 24 hours or until you send another reset-password email.
- If it has been more than 24 hours since you requested the password reset, request a new password reset at zoom.us/forgot_password.
- If you have requested multiple password reset emails, only the most recent will be valid. Do not request a new password again. Wait until you receive all emails and click the link to reset in the most recent one.