Resetting your forgotten password
If you have forgotten your Zoom password, you can easily reset it through Zoom. However, if you sign in to Zoom through a third-party platform such as Facebook, Apple, Google, or your organization's SSO, you must reset your password within that platform.
If you know your Zoom password, but need to change it, learn how to change your password.
This article covers:
- How to reset your forgotten Zoom password
- How to reset a password for a user in your account
- How to troubleshoot common password reset issues
Prerequisites for resetting your Zoom password
Non-SSO Zoom account with standard email and password sign-in
Note: This article provides information on how to reset your password for non-SSO accounts. If you sign in to Zoom through a 3rd-party platform such as Facebook, Apple, Google, or your organization's SSO, reset your password within that 3rd-party platform.
How to reset your forgotten Zoom password
- Open a web browser and go to zoom.us/forgot_password.
- Enter your email address and verify the reCAPTCHA.
- Click Send.
- You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. Click the link in the email.
Note: If you didn't receive the confirmation email, please check your Spam folder and confirm that email@example.com is allowed in your inbox.
- Enter your new password.
- Enter the new password a second time for confirmation.
- Click Save. You have now reset your password and should be logged into the Zoom web portal.
- Click Go to My Meetings to be taken to the web portal.
Note: You will also receive an email confirmation that your password has been reset.
How to reset a password for a user in your account
Account owners, admins, and custom role members with full User Management privileges are able to change an account user's password from the User Management section of the Zoom web portal.
If you are an account owner or admin, learn how to change a user's password.
How to troubleshoot common password reset issues
Account does not exist
If you received a message that no account was found when you attempted to reset your password, this means that Zoom's system did not find a Zoom account to match the email address and password-login credentials that you entered.
- Confirm that the email address was entered correctly
- Try signing in with Google, Apple, or Facebook
- If part of a business or education account, try signing in with single sign-on (SSO) at your vanity URL, for example, myorganization.zoom.us
If you sign in with Facebook, Apple, or Google—and you do not know your Facebook, Apple, or Google password—you will need to reset your password there. Here is some additional information on how to reset your Facebook, Apple, or Google password.
Didn't receive a confirmation email
If you didn't receive the confirmation email to reset your password, please check your Spam folder and confirm that firstname.lastname@example.org is allowed in your inbox.
While most mail servers receive Zoom's password-reset emails within a few minutes, some mail servers may take 30 minutes or longer. If possible, wait to see if you receive it.
Link has expired
Zoom's reset-password links stay valid for 24 hours or until you send another reset-password email.
- If it has been more than 24 hours since you requested the password reset, request a new password reset at zoom.us/forgot_password.
- If you have requested multiple password reset emails, only the most recent will be valid. Do not request a new password again. Wait until you receive all emails and click the link to reset in the most recent one.
If you still do not receive the password reset email, no longer have access to the email address attached to your Zoom account, or for additional troubleshooting, contact Zoom Support.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.