The Workplace by Facebook Zoom Bot integration allows you to start an instant meeting or join a scheduled meeting quickly. Meetings created in Workplace by Facebook will appear on your Zoom account.
This article covers:
- Enabling the Zoom Bot for Workplace
- Using the Workplace Zoom Bot
- A Zoom Pro, Business, Education, or API plan
- A Workplace by Facebook account
Note: While the Workplace Zoom Bot is approved by Facebook, all Workplace by Facebook users will need to ask Facebook for explicit access to third-party bots. Until asked, the Workplace Zoom Bot will not be visible.
To enable users in your account to use the Zoom Bot for Workplace:
- Sign into Zoom as an administrator with the privilege to edit Integration, then click Integration.
- Scroll to the Workplace section of the page.
- Click Authorize, then log into Workplace, using the same email address that you use to sign in into Zoom.
- Click Install.
The Zoom Bot is installed with the group-related permissions you choose.
The Workplace Zoom Bot shares Zoom meeting information in the group chats. To see information about all available commands, enter the command @zoom help.
Enter the appropriate @zoom command in Group Chats to start a meeting without a meeting topic, start a meeting with the specified topic, or join a meeting.
When the meeting ends, the Bot will post a meeting summary and a recording link (if the meeting is recorded in cloud). However, this will not be posted if the meeting used your Personal Meeting ID. You can disable the setting to "always use PMI for Instant Meetings" on your Zoom Profile.