Your meeting settings allows you to enable or disable features for your meetings. These settings control the availability of many features, such as breakout rooms, recording, and chat. Settings are tiered and can be turned on/off or locked by your admin.
This article covers:
Accessing and editing meeting settings
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Settings.
- Click to toggle a setting on or off.
- Settings can also be locked at the account level or group level. This will be noted next to the setting. If a setting is locked at the account or group level, an account admin or owner will need to change it under Account Settings or Group Management.
You can change the following meeting settings. Some settings are dependent on certain prerequisites. If you do not see a setting listed for your group, review the article on the setting to see if your account meets those prerequisites.
- Host video: Start meetings with the host's video on. The host can still use in-meeting controls to enable or disable their video.
- Participants video: Start meetings with the participants' video on. Participants can still use in-meeting controls to enable or disable their video.
- Audio Type: Determine how participants can join the meeting's audio.
- Telephone and Computer Audio: Participants can join by telephone or by using their computer's microphone/speaker or headset.
- Telephone: Participants can only join by telephone.
- Computer Audio: Participants can only join by using their computer's microphone/speaker or headset.
- 3rd Party Audio (only visible if you have 3rd party audio): Require that all participants follow the instructions you provide for using non-Zoom audio.
- Join before host: Allow participants to join the meeting before the host joins. If disabled, participants can only join after the host starts the meeting.
- Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when scheduling a meeting
- Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when starting an instant meeting
- Only authenticated users can join meetings: Participants need to authenticate before to joining the meetings.
- Meeting Authentication Options: Change the authentication options that are available when scheduling meetings.
- Require a password when scheduling new meetings: A random password will be generated when scheduling a meeting. Participants need to enter the password to join the meeting. This settings doesn't apply to meetings that use the personal meeting ID (PMI).
- Require a password for instant meetings: A random password will be generated when starting an instant meeting. Participants need to enter the password to join the meeting.
- Require a password for Personal Meeting ID (PMI): Set a password for meetings that use the personal meeting ID (PMI).
- Only meetings with Join Before Host enabled: Apply the setting to meetings with join before host enabled.
- All meetings using PMI: Apply the setting to all meetings that use the PMI.
- Embed password in meeting link for one-click join
- Require password for participants joining by phone
- Mute participants upon entry: Automatically mute all participants when they join the meeting. The host controls whether participants can unmute themselves.
- Upcoming meeting reminder: Receive desktop notifications for upcoming meetings. Reminder time can be changed in the Zoom Desktop Client.
In Meeting (Basic)
- Require Encryption for 3rd Party Endpoints (H323/SIP)
- Chat: Allow participants to use in-meeting chat.
- Prevent participants from saving chat: Participants can't save in-meeting chat.
- Private chat: Allow participants to send a private messages to another participant.
- Auto saving chats
- Play sound when participants join or leave: Play a chime sound or telephone recording when participants join or leave the meeting.
- Heard by host and all attendees: The chime sound can be heard by the host and all participants in the meeting.
- Heard by host only: The chime sound can only be heard by the host of the meeting.
- Record and play their own voice: Participants that join by telephone can record their name. This telephone recording will be played back to the host and participants depending on the settings above:
- If Heard by host and all attendees is selected, the host and participants will hear a chime and telephone recording regardless of their audio device (computer or telephone audio).
- If Heard by host only is selected, the host will only hear the telephone recording if they're also using telephone audio. If the host is using computer audio, they will hear a chime sound instead.
- File transfer
- Feedback to Zoom
- Display end-of-meeting experience feedback survey
- Allow host to put attendee on hold
- Always show meeting control toolbar
- Show Zoom windows during screen share
- Screen sharing
- Disable desktop/screen share for users
- Remote control
- Nonverbal feedback
- Join different meetings simultaneously on desktop
- Allow removed participants to rejoin
In Meeting (Advanced)
- Breakout room
- Allow host to assign participants to breakout rooms when scheduling: Allow host to pre-assign participants.
- Remote support
- Closed captioning
- Save Captions
- Language Interpretation
- Far end camera control
- Group HD Video
- Virtual background
- Identify guest participants in the meeting/webinar
- Auto-answer group in chat
- Only show default email when sending email invites: Participants can only use their default email program when using email to invite participants to the meeting.
- Use HTML format email for Outlook plugin
- Share dual camera
- DSCP marking
- Allow users to select stereo audio in their client settings
- Allow users to select original sound in their client settings
- Attention tracking
- Waiting room
- Show a "Join from your browser" link
- Allow live streaming meetings
- When a cloud recording is available
- When attendees join meeting before host
- When a meeting is cancelled
- When an alternative host is set or removed from a meeting
- When someone scheduled a meeting for a host
- When the cloud recording is going to be permanently deleted from trash
- Blur snapshot on task switcher
- Direct call a room system
- Invitation Email
- Scheduling Privilege
- Integration Authentication: The key and secret used for Zapier configuration.
- Local recording
- Cloud recording: Allow hosts to record meetings or webinars in the cloud. Select the file types and recording layouts at hat can be selected.
- Automatic recording
- IP Address Access Control
- Only authenticated users can view cloud recordings
- Auto delete cloud recordings after a number of days (specify a time range)
- Recording consent
- Multiple audio notifications of recording meeting
- Show international numbers link on the invitation email
- Toll Call
- Toll-free and Fee-based Toll Call
- Call Out
- Choose where most of the participants call into or call from the meeting
- Personal Audio Conference (PAC)
- 3rd Party Audio
- Mask phone number in the participant list
- Global Dial-in Countries/Regions