Transferring data to another user
Before deleting a user, you can transfer all of their scheduled meetings, webinars, and cloud recording files to another user. You can only designate one user to transfer the data to.
Note: Scheduling privilege can be also be used to transfer meetings and webinars between licensed users on the same account, without the need to delete a user. If you need further assistance in transferring meetings, webinars, or cloud recordings, please contact Support.
Prerequisites for transferring meetings, webinars, or cloud recordings
- Account owner access if the user being deleted is an admin
- Account owner or admin access if the user being deleted is a member
- Both users on the same account and have the same license types
- A new, Licensed user to transfer cloud recordings
- A new, Licensed user with the Webinar add-on for transferring webinars
How to transfer data to another user
If the user that you are deleting is an admin, you must change the admin a member first.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with user edit privileges.
- In the navigation menu, click User Management then Users.
- Search for the user you want to remove and transfer the data from.
- Click ellipses to the far right of their name, next to Edit.
- Click Delete.
- Select which types of data you would like to transfer:
- All upcoming meetings: All scheduled meetings, excluding meetings scheduled with the user's PMI, are transferred.
- All upcoming webinars: All scheduled webinars are transferred. The receiving user must have a webinar license assigned to their profile before they can view the webinars.
- All cloud recording files: All cloud recordings are transferred. The receiving user must be Licensed before they can view the cloud recordings.
- All whiteboards: All whiteboards are transferred. The receiving user must have Zoom Whiteboard enabled for their account by an administrator.
- Enter the email address of the user you would like to transfer the selected data to.
- Click Transfer Data Then Delete.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.