Basic SAML Mapping allows you to designate a default License Type when users sign in to Zoom via SSO. You can also map specific SAML attributes being passed by your Identity Provider to email address, first name, last name, phone number, and department in Zoom. This allows you to pass this information automatically from your identity provider. Email address will be mapped only to Zoom at first login. By default, first name and last name are also only mapped at first login, but you can choose if you want them to be updated at each SSO login. All other fields map each time a user logs in.
You can also use advanced SAML mapping to assign users add-ons, roles, or to groups based on the attributes being passed.
- Owner or admin in Zoom
- SSO configured
The SAML attributes and the corresponding values will need to be configured in your Identity Provider (IdP). Once you have configured them in your IdP, you can set up basic SAML mapping in Zoom.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation panel, click Advanced then Single Sign-On.
- Click the SAML Response Mapping tab.
You will see the following attributes in the SAML Basic Information Mapping section:
- Default License Type: Click Edit next to change the default user type. If you choose None, no Zoom account will be created for users by default and they will be denied access to Zoom. You will need to use advanced SAML mapping to assign some users Zoom access, while prohibiting others. You can also use advanced SAML mapping to assign different user types based on the attributes being passed.
For all other fields, click Map to SAML Attribute and enter the SAML attribute as it is being passed by your identity provider:
- Email Address: The email address attached to the user's profile and the email they will use to sign in to your IdP with. This will be mapped upon first login and is the default unique ID used by Zoom to identify this user.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Display Name: Used for nicknames or preferred names, rather than their official name.
- Phone number: The phone number attached to the user's profile. Users can add up to 3 external phone numbers through profile customization. If you have Zoom Phone, this is not the user's Zoom Phone number.
- Job Title
- Profile Picture
- Personal Link Name: The alias used for the user's personal meeting URL. For example, https://mycompany.zoom.us/my/grant.
Note: This feature needs to be enabled on your account by Zoom. After contacting support, please allow up to 3 business days for the feature to be enabled.
- Cost Center
- Zoom Phone Ext Number: The extension number for Zoom Phone users. Some extension numbers are reserved.
- Zoom Phone Number: The direct phone number for Zoom Phone users. Users must have a Zoom Phone calling plan in order to have direct phone numbers. Calling plans can be specified in the Advanced SAML Mapping section.
- Employee Unique ID: The unique ID for the user. Use this for simplifying the process when users change their email address. If your unique ID is in the NameID element, enter <NameID> instead.
- The employee unique ID will become the new unique identifier for each user after they have signed-in with SSO, and replaces their Email Address as unique ID.
- Configuring this SAML attribute requires your account to have an approved Associated Domain.
After entering a value, you can edit it by clicking Edit or remove it by clicking Clear.