You can share your entire screen on an iOS device running iOS 11 or higher. This allows you to share apps and other content.
You cannot annotate when sharing your entire screen via iOS. If you need to annotate or share the entire screen on an older version of iOS, you can share using the Zoom desktop client for Mac or PC and Airplay or the Zoom desktop client for Mac and wired sharing. Learn more about Airplay and Wired Sharing.
This article goes over:
- iOS 11 or higher
- Zoom mobile app for iOS version 4.1.18611.1228 or higher
Prior to sharing your screen, we recommend that you go through the first time setup, to minimize the amount of disruption during your meeting:
- Press the home button on an iPad or an iPhone 8 or older. On an iPhone X, swipe the home bar up.
- Open the iOS Settings app.
- Tap Control Center.
- Tap Customize Controls.
- Tap the + next to Screen Recording to add Screen Recording to your Control Center.
Starting a screen share in meeting
- In the meeting controls, tap Share Content. The meeting controls will be at the bottom of your screen on an iPhone and the top right of your screen on an iPad.
- Tap Screen.
- If this is your first time sharing your entire screen and have not setup Screen Recording in Control center, follow the first page of on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- After completing the first-time setup click the red bar at the top to return to Zoom.
- Swipe left on the instructions to see the Broadcast to Zoom instructions.
- Access the Control Center.
- On iPhone 8 or older or iPads running iOS 11, swipe up from the bottom.
- On iPhone X or iPads running iOS 12, swipe down from the top right.
- Hold down on the record button until the Screen Recording option appears.
- Tap Zoom.
- Tap Start Broadcast.
- After a count of 3, your entire device screen will be shared into the meeting.
- Tap the red bar at the top of your screen when you are ready to end the share.
- Tap Stop.
- Tap the red bar again to open Zoom.
Screen sharing audio
To share your audio while screen sharing:
- Share your screen in the meeting.
- After tapping Start Broadcast, tap on the screen again to view the meeting window.
- Tap Share Device Audio to enable or disable the sharing of device audio while screen sharing.