Scheduling a meeting from a Team Chat channel
Zoom users can easily schedule a meeting and invite others to join, but sometimes the exact list of invitees corresponds to an existing Team Chat group chat or channel. In such cases, users can schedule a meeting with those channel members directly from Team Chat, making the process more efficient and promoting teamwork and collaboration.
Prerequisites for scheduling a meeting from Team Chat
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.13.0 or higher
- macOS: 5.13.0 or higher
- Linux: 5.13.0 or higher
- Schedule a meeting from chat or channel enabled
- All chat members must integrate their calendars with Zoom
Limitations of scheduling a meeting from Team Chat
- Currently, only Google Calendar and Office 365 (OAuth 2.0) calendar integrations are supported for this feature.
- Scheduling a meeting within Team Chat cannot be used with Advanced Chat Encryption enabled for any members of the channel.
How to schedule a meeting from Team Chat
- Sign in to the desktop client.
- Click the Team Chat tab .
- Find and select a group chat or chat channel.
- In the top-right corner of the chat window, click the schedule icon .
A window will appear to schedule a meeting with all members of the group chat or channel added as invitees.
- Continue scheduling the meeting and adjusting settings as needed.
- Click Save.
All members of the group chat or channel will be invited to the meeting and the meeting details will be posted to the group chat or channel.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.