Importing meeting registrants by CSV upload
With Zoom Meeting registration, meeting hosts can bulk upload registrants by importing a CSV file with the registrants' full names and email addresses. Registrants will be automatically approved. Once the registrants have successfully been imported, a confirmation email will be sent to the registrants.
- Only CSV files are allowed to import meeting registrants.
- Hosts cannot add registrants individually to a meeting, but individuals can still use the registration link to sign up.
This article covers:
- How to set up the CSV file for importing meeting registrants
- How to import meeting registrants
Prerequisites for importing meeting registrants through CSV upload
- Licensed host
- The meeting ID must be generated automatically instead of using your PMI
- The meeting cannot be a recurring meeting
Note: Customizing the registration options requires a Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account.
How to import meeting registrants by CSV upload
Create the CSV file
- Open a spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel or another spreadsheet editor.
- Enter users' information, following the CSV format: Email, First Name, Last Name.
Note: Use a separate column for each credential (i.e., column A is for the email address, column B is for the first name, and column C is for the last name).
- Click File, then Export or Save As.
- Click Change File Type.
- Choose CSV (comma delimited).
- Click Save As to save this CSV file in your local documents.
Import the meeting registrants
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Schedule a meeting with registration.
- Click the Registration tab.
- Click Import from CSV.
- (Optional) Select the Send invitation after importing check box.
- Click Import.
- Choose the CSV file with your registrant data, then click Open.
Once the import process is complete, the Registrants window will open, and the list of imported, approved registrants will appear.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.