Creating breakout rooms from poll results
If enabled by the account owner or admin, meeting hosts can choose to create breakout rooms while setting up polls. If this option is selected, the host can split participants into separate, smaller rooms based on participants’ answers. Hosts can set a limit for how many participants are placed in each breakout room and move/exchange participants after launching the breakout rooms.
This article covers
- How to create breakout rooms from poll results
Prerequisites for creating breakout rooms from poll results
- Breakout room, polling for meetings, and creation of breakout rooms from poll results must be enabled
- Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: 5.13.5 or higher
- Single choice polling questions
How to create breakout rooms from poll results
Set up polls with the option to create breakout rooms
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Access the poll/quizzes you have created either from the Polls/Quizzes tab or your scheduled meeting.
Note: The feature only works for single choice polling questions.
- From the same window where you add poll questions, select the Create Breakout Rooms checkbox to create breakout rooms in meetings based on participant answer for a particular question.
Note: This feature will not work if Require answers to be anonymous check box is selected. If your poll has multiple questions, you must select the Create Breakout Rooms checkbox for the specific question you wish to base the creation of the breakout room from
- Click Save.
Launch the breakout rooms from the poll results
- During your meeting, launch the poll for participants to respond to.
- Once you would like to stop the poll, click End Poll.
- From the Polls/Quizzes results window, click Create Breakout Rooms.
Note: If your poll has multiple questions, you must click the Create Breakout Rooms button for the specific question you wish to base the creation of the breakout room from
- (Optional) In the Create Breakout Rooms window, you can decide how many participants you want in each breakout room. You can manually move participants around after you create the rooms.
- Click Create.
- (Optional) Hover on a participant’s name then click Move to or Exchange
- Click Open All Rooms.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.