Adding Zoom Cards to the whiteboard
Zoom Whiteboard provides Zoom Cards that can handle complex data with specific fields in a compact manner. For example, a user wants to capture day-to-day tasks for a project. Zoom Cards which contain title, description, assignee, due date, and color selection fields can be used to capture and effectively display this information on a whiteboard. Additionally, each Zoom Card can be expanded to reveal the description field and other details, and can be connected to other shapes using connector lines.
This article covers:
- How to insert a Zoom Card into a whiteboard
- How to edit a Zoom Card
- How to connect Zoom Card to objects
Prerequisites for adding Zoom cards to Zoom Whiteboard
- Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: Global minimum version or higher
- Zoom PWA
How to insert a Zoom Card into a whiteboard
- Create or open a whiteboard.
- In the toolbar on the left side of the screen, click the More Tools icon .
- Select Cards.
- Click New Zoom Card.
Your cursor will change into a card icon .
- Click anywhere on canvas to insert the Zoom Card.
How to edit a Zoom Card
- Add a Zoom Card to your whiteboard.
- Click icons in the context menu to do the following:
- Expand card icon : Reveal card details or enter more detailed information such as title, description, assignee, due date, status, and color.
- Assignee icon : Search for contact or email of people within your organization, or external members who have access to the whiteboard.
- Calendar icon : Pick a due date for the task.
- Status icon : Display the task’s status (To do, Blocked, In progress, Done).
- Color icon : Group similar cards visually.
- Lock icon : Lock cards to prevent other users with edit access from accidentally modifying the whiteboard content.
- Click the ellipsis icon to see more options.
- Copy: Copies the selected card.
- Paste: Places the copied card somewhere else on the whiteboard.
- Duplicate: Makes an exact copy of the selected card.
- Copy Link to Object: Copies the hyperlink or URL of a selected card which can then be shared or pasted elsewhere.
- Convert to Jira Card: Converts a Zoom Card into a Jira Card.
- Bring Forward: Moves the selected object up one layer.
- Bring to Front: Put the selected object on the top layer.
- Send Backward: Moves the selected object back one layer.
- Send to back: Put the selected object on the bottom layer.
- Export as Data: Export data from selected card as a CSV file.
- Save as Template: Saves the selected card as a template.
- Info: Shows the creator and last editor of the selected card.
- Lock: Locks cards to prevent other users with edit access from accidentally modifying the content.
- Delete: Deletes the selected card.
How to connect Zoom Card to objects
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.