Using Kanban board
Zoom Whiteboard users can use a kanban board to stay on top of their projects and track progress of tasks. Kanban board is organized like a table with columns representing each stage of the process and cards representing work items.
This article covers:
- How to insert a Kanban board on whiteboard
- How to use the Kanban board
- How to manage the Kanban board
Prerequisites for using Kanban board in Zoom Whiteboard
- Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: 5.13.5 or higher
How to insert a Kanban board on whiteboard
- Create or open a whiteboard.
- In the toolbar on the left side of the screen, click the More Tools icon .
- Select KanBan.
- Click Kanban Board.
- Click anywhere on canvas to insert the Kanban Board.
A kanban board will be added with these default states:
- To do
- In progress
How to use the Kanban board
One card is automatically inserted to each column. To add more cards, click + Add below the existing card inside the column.
Click the card you want to edit, then click the icons in the context menu to edit the cards.
Click the card you want to remove, then click the ellipses icon in the context menu. From the drop-down menu, click Delete.
Select a card and drag it sideways to move it to another column. Select a card and drag it vertically to reorder the cards within the column.
Click the ellipses icon beside the column name (To do, In progress, Done), and then select Add Column.
Hover your mouse over the column name. Click the existing name to remove it and enter a new name.
Click the ellipses icon beside the column name (To do, In progress, Done), and then select Delete.
Hover your mouse over the swimlane. Click and drag the swimlane sideways to move it to the right or left.
By defaults, colors are added to each column. Colors can be used to indicate priority or represent tasks. To change the color, click the ellipses icon beside the column name (To do, In progress, Done), then select Change Color. Select from the default 8 colors, or add a new color by entering its hex code or by using the color picker.
How to manage the Kanban board
- Insert a Kanban board on your whiteboard.
- In the top left corner of the board, click the ellipses icon beside the board name Kanban.
- Select from the following options:
- Copy: Copies the selected board.
- Paste: Place the copied board somewhere else on the whiteboard.
- Duplicate: Makes an exact copy of the selected board.
- Bring Forward: Moves the selected board up one layer.
- Bring to Front: Put the selected board on the top layer.
- Send Backward: Moves the selected board back one layer.
- Send to back: Put the selected board on the bottom layer.
- Save as Template: Saves the selected board as a template. Users can use the saved template to create a new whiteboard.
- Info: Shows the creator and last editor of the selected board.
- Delete: Deletes the selected board.
- (Optional) To rename a kanban board, click the board name Kanban to remove it, and then enter a new name.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.