Troubleshooting Zoom crashing while screen sharing
If your Zoom client crashes while screen sharing or if you are experiencing issues while screen sharing, it may be a compatibility problem—using a 32-bit version of Zoom Meetings instead of a 64-bit version.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot the issues.
This article covers:
- How to find the Zoom app's bit version
- How to fix it
How to find the Zoom app's bit version
- On your computer, access the Task Manager application.
- In the navigation menu, click the Processes tab.
- Under Processes, find Zoom Meetings and view the following:
- If the Zoom application states 32-bit next to it, then you have the 32-bit version.
- If the Zoom application does not have anything next to it, then you have the 64-bit version.
How to fix it
Uninstall and reinstall Zoom
- Run CleanZoom to uninstall Zoom completely.
Note: Use of the clean uninstaller will completely remove the Zoom client, as well as the Zoom plugin for Outlook. The Outlook add-in, Chrome/Firefox extensions, and Google Workspace add-on are unaffected.
- In the download center, download and install the 64-bit Zoom client for meetings.
- Once installed, open the Zoom desktop client, start a meeting with screen share, and test to see if the issue persists.
Update all computer drivers
Update all your drivers, including BIOS. If there is an update for your driver, update it immediately.
Modify the Video Rendering Method
If the issue persists after uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom, change the Video Rendering Method in the Zoom desktop client.
- Ensure that you're using the 64-bit client.
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click your profile picture, then click Settings.
- In the navigation menu, click Video .
- Click Advanced.
- Under Video Rendering Method, click the dropdown menu and select Direct3D9.
- Restart your computer, then test the screen share again.
Use other general troubleshooting steps
Try these other troubleshooting instructions:
- Troubleshooting black screen during screen sharing
- Troubleshooting screen flicker when screen sharing
If you are still experiencing screen-sharing issues after troubleshooting, submit a request to Zoom Support.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.