Using Zoom Assistant
Zoom Assistant is a compact desktop panel that allows phone users to quickly find their contacts, access and manage speed dial, make and receive calls, and transfer calls. The panel can be docked to the left and right sides of a computer screen. With the addition of a Power Pack license, Zoom Assistant functionalities expand to include the Power Pack Desktop experience such as answering and transferring calls for call queues, shared line appearance, and shared line groups. If enabled by their admin, users can decide if they want to enable or disable it from their own web portal settings and control its functionality from their clients.
Note: Zoom Assistant is not available to Zoom Phone Basic users and requires a Zoom Pro license.
This article covers:
- How to enable/disable Zoom Assistant from your web portal
- How to enable/disable Zoom Assistant with a Power Pack license from your web portal
- How to toggle the visibility on/off for Zoom Assistant from your Zoom client
- How to use Zoom Assistant
- How to change widget settings from Zoom Assistant for Power Pack users
Prerequisites for using Zoom Assistant
- Zoom Phone Pro or any license that includes Zoom Phone Pro features
- Zoom Phone Power Pack add-on for accessing call queues, shared line appearance, and shared line groups functions
- Zoom desktop client for Windows or macOS, version 5.11.3 or higher
Note: If Phone cannot be selected within Zoom Assistant, it means your admin didn’t provide this feature to your account, and is locked. Contact your admin for assistance.
How to enable/disable Zoom Assistant from your web portal
You can enable phone within Zoom Assistant directly from your account on the web.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Settings, then click the Zoom Assistant tab.
- Click the toggle to enable Zoom Assistant if it’s not enabled.
- Select Phone.
- (Optional) To the right of Zoom Assistant, click the toggle to disable the feature, if you want to disable it.
How to enable/disable Zoom Assistance with a Power Pack license from your web portal
Once a user has Zoom Assistant - Phone enabled, that user or administrator can customize the widgets.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Phone.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the Zoom Assistant - Phone section, make sure the toggle is enabled, then click View or Edit.
- In the Zoom Assistant - Phone window, click Set Widget for one of the positions, then select one of the following in the drop-down menu:
- Select the associated extension in the extension drop-down menu.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 as needed.
- Drag and drop a row, or use the arrow icons to move each row up or down in the order.
- (Optional) Click Delete to remove the widget.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) To the right of Zoom Assistant - Phone, click the toggle if you wish to disable this feature.
How to toggle the visibility on/off for Zoom Assistant from your Zoom client
You can enable phone within Zoom Assistant while signed in to your Zoom Client.
- Sign in to your Zoom client.
- On the top right, click your profile picture or name initials.
- Click Settings.
- Click the General tab.
- Under Zoom Assistant, select Phone.
The Zoom Assistant desktop panel will display.
- (Optional) If you want to disable Zoom Assistant, uncheck Phone, to remove the visibility of Zoom Assistant.
- (Optional) From the Zoom Assistant desktop panel, on the bottom left, click your profile icon or name initials, then click Close Assistant.
How to use Zoom Assistant
Make sure to sign in to your Zoom client to use Zoom Assistant and the desktop panel will automatically open if the feature is enabled for your account.
Receive a call from Zoom Assistant
When receiving calls, you will see inbound call notifications simultaneously on both the desktop Zoom Assistant window and the Zoom desktop client in the Lines tab. You can accept or decline the call in either window.
- Click the answer or decline icon in either window.
Make a call from Zoom Assistant
- In the search bar of Zoom Assistant, enter the name of the user or phone number you want to call.
- If the user already exists, on the right of their name, click the arrow icon, select their direct or extension number, and then click the phone icon.
- If the user doesn’t exist, on the right of the number, click the phone icon.
- If you have speed dial set up, click on their profile icon or name initials, then click Call.
Manage the speed dial from Zoom Assistant
- Under the search bar, click the plus icon .
- In the search contacts, enter the name or phone number of the user.
- On the right of the name, click the plus icon .
- On the right of your speed dial icon, click the more options icon , then do one of the following:
- Click the drag icon , to move the speed dial up and down the list.
- Click the trash icon to delete it.
Use in-call controls in Zoom Assistant while on a call
During an active call, you will see the following in-call controls:
- Dial pad icon: Open a dial pad next to the Desktop Power User window.
- Record icon: Start or stop recording the call.
- Call park icon: Park the call for another phone user to pick it up.
- Info icon: Display information about the current call.
- Transfer call icon: Transfer the call to another contact. A search bar will display where you can search for a contact. Hover over a contact's name then click one of the options to blind transfer, warm transfer, or send to voicemail.
- Hold icon: Place the call on hold or resume the call.
- Hang up call icon: End the call.
Set a presence status in Zoom Assistant
- On the top left of the Desktop panel, click your profile icon and set your presence status as one of the following:
- Out of Office
- Do Not Disturb
Viewing call history and voicemail from Zoom Assistant
- Click the clock icon to refocus on the History tab in the main Zoom window and view your call history and recordings.
- Click the voicemail icon to refocus on the Voicemail tab in the main Zoom window and view your voicemail.
How to change widget settings from Zoom Assistant for Power Pack users
Click the ellipses icon on each widget to access these settings:
- Personal line widget at the top
- View More Info: Change your phone settings in the web portal.
- Call queue widgets
- Receive Call Queues: Enable or disable inbound call notifications from the call queue.
- Shared line appearance (call delegation) widgets:
- Click the icons to meet, call, or chat with your delegate.
- Shared line group widgets:
- Receive group calls: Enable or disable inbound call notifications from the shared line group.
- Group call pickup widgets:
- View the users as part of the pickup group.
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.