Downloading Citrix Workspace apps for macOS
Beginning with release 2301 for macOS, Citrix provides two options that you can download and install for the Citrix Workspace app for Mac. You can use two different releases of a required application from Citrix. These 2301 release options are found on the Citrix Downloads page:
- Citrix Workspace app 2301 for Mac (backward compatible)
Note: This is backward compatible.
- Citrix Workspace app for MacOS-Mac with Apple Silicon (M1 Series)
Note: This only works with a new release of the VDI Zoom Meeting client and macOS plugin.
This article covers:
- How to use Citrix Workspace app 2301 for Mac
- How to use Citrix Workspace app for MacOS-Mac with Apple Silicon (M1 Series)
Prerequisites for downloading Citrix Workspace app for macOS
- Zoom desktop client for macOS: Global minimum version or higher
- VDI plugin: Global minimum version or higher
Note: Verify release requirements for each policy as some require a more recent plugin release.
- Organizations using Citrix XenDesktop
- Citrix Workspace remote desktop client
Note: Citrix Workspace app from Microsoft store is not supported. Mac support is only available for Citrix and VMware.
- Virtual Channel policies have been configured for Citrix
How to use Citrix Workspace app 2301 for Mac
If you are still using a release of the VDI Zoom Meeting client below 5.13.0, you must download and install Citrix Workspace app 2301 for Mac. That version of Citrix Workspace for Mac works with all supported Mac computers and operating systems and is compatible with releases of the VDI Zoom Meeting client 5.13.0 and lower.
How to use Citrix Workspace app for MacOS-Mac with Apple Silicon (M1 Series)
Citrix Workspace app for Mac with Apple Silicon (M1 Series) does not work with VDI Zoom Meeting clients less than 5.13.0. There are changes in the SDK for the Apple Silicon Workspace app that require both a new client and a new VDI plugin. If you attempt to use the Workspace app for Apple Silicon with a version before 5.13.0 with a Mac VDI plugin, the plugin will not connect.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.